IGNORED

2005 RSV Clutch & Brake Levers

Guys,

I know several of you including myself have been interested in changing our levers to the wide-blade style lever. I had been using the ones from the old Royal Stars but they are no longer offered and were a bit short anyway. The ones I have now are from JC Whitney and work alright but don't look as good as Yamaha's.

However I am currently working on a friends 2006 and noticed that the levers are now the nice wide-blade style of the old Royal Stars but longer. But they are only brushed aluminum rather than chrome. I checked the parts fiche and it looks like Yamaha changed to these levers in 2005. The parts numbers are:

1D6-83922-00-00

1D6-83912-00-00

Flatout has them for about $23 each. Just thought I'd mention this as an option for those looking to change theirs out.

Rick

I changed mine out to the chrome ShowChrome levers. They're slightly differently shaped, but I actually like the feel of them better than the OEMs. The OEM aluminum ones turned my tan gloves a silvery black. Mostly the left glove, since that one's used a lot more.