IGNORED

Trunk Bolts

BEER30

This evening I made some trunk bolts . I took the equivalent sized hexed bolts and drilled a hole in the head . Then placed a split ring (key ring) and placed it into the hole for a handle like knob .It cost me about $7.00 to make . Got all the materials at Lowes .

Gene

Great idea Gene!!!

I inquired about "sample" metric plastic cap thumb screws from a supplier in Calif last year.

He agreed to send me (6) short and (2) long 6mm thumb screws to see if they would work on my bike in hopes of me placing an order for more.

Well they work fine I must say...

SO, I called back and inquired about a bulk rate and offer them here on the site to those interested.

The jerk comes back with a price of $9.00 each...

I told him what I thought and hung up. :buttkick:

At least I got mine for nothing, but that was not my intent..:thumbsup2:

saddlebag bolts is what I think these are , right Gene ?

Yes they are , I guess it's a sign of old age .:confused24: But I refuse to grow up ! :rotf::rotf:

Correction made .

NK, I have the other bag to do , so I will get step by step pictures up as I get them .

Gene

Gene - great idea.

Are you making all 4 sets (2 along the side, 2 along the bottom) for each saddlebag?

Cheers,

Yepper !

This time I'm using my drill press and some cutting earl . I'm also going to see if I can get these bolts in bulk . I can get the split rings from one of my suppliers even cheaper than Lowes . I'll check in prices .

Gene