IGNORED

Bikers are good guys too!

Iowa Guy

My wife and I went to a Peace Corps Reunion in SE MN. Wonderful ride up the Iowa side of The Great River Road then split off on hiway 52. Anyway, I took some pictures at the reunion of folks and mine was the only camera that took the group shot at the end before anyone left. We had a great ride back through Central Iowa on blacktops. On the north side of Oelwein we stopped to make a phone call. I had to get a # out of my camera bag and then we took off. Just after we cleared the city limits on the south side of town, I saw this biker in a beard on an HD gaining on me fast. (I don't hurry when my wife is with me.) He pulled up beside me and frantically motioned for me to get over. I wondered how this one was going to turn out. After we'd stopped, the first thing he said was "Did you lose something?" and then it hit me. I'd laid my camera bag on the trailer at our last stop. He had seen it on the ground, looked around and saw us disappearing in the distance, stopped to pick it up then raced to catch us clear through town. He is from Independence just north of Oelwein and was out for a ride. We talked and he said that he had broke his neck after hitting loose gravel on a corner a few years ago. Wow, I thought, then he risked a broken neck again to get our camera back to us.

My wife says we were visited by an angel. I agreed. Hope she doesn't want me to buy a harley now.

Thanks again Harley Angel. You're a GOOD Iowa Guy.

:2143:

Iowa Guy

Did you invite him to check us out. It ain't about what you ride. There are a lot of people that ride motorcycles but few that..... It would take too long to explain.

Its just that the smarter ones ride 1st Gens:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

LilBit and I spent hours on the side of the road last Saturday. Though many, many bikes of all brands passed, none stopped. One idiot (brand name omitted) nearly hit me and I was off the road a good bit.

We had drivers in all types of cages stop and offer assistance. One dear old couple (had to be in their 80's) offered tools and a ride. One drunk guy offered water and beer.

The best was this farmer and his wife. After passing us by, turned around and offered to come back and get us with his trailer, feed us and help me chase parts while we worked in the shade of his barn.

We were able to get a little farther down the road without assistance, but finally had to call my mother (who's house we were travelling to anyway) to come get LilBit so she could get us a new fuel pump.

Decency comes in all sizes, shapes and colors, and oftentimes from where it's not expected. Many (MANY) moons ago I was riding in northern Illinois on I-57 on my (then 1 year old) 500 Suzuki Titan when I had a flat on the rear tire. I pulled off under an overpass, put it on the centerstand and went to work. Just then a BUNCH of rough looking dudes on Harleys come rolling up and STOP.... This doesn't look good, but I'm stuck..... Uh oh.... Well, long story short, they helped me patch my tube and I would up riding on south with 'em for a couple hundred miles.

Moral of story: Don't judge a book by it's cover:337: