IGNORED

Need help with carb synch - central AL

I just got my RSTD back from the dealer and they said there is nothing wrong with it. I took it in because it:

1) is hard to start

2) runs rough

3) vibrates alot between 40 & 50 mph

4) pops & backfires on deceleration

I replaced the plugs and that didn't help. Does it sound like the carbs are out of synch?

Is there a forum member in central Alabama that has a Carbtune or a set of vacuum gauges that would be willing to help me with this?

I love this bike, but it's really takes the fun out of riding when it is running so crappy.

Take it back to the dealer. Jump up and down on the service managers desk. DEMAND that they fix your bike in a reasonable amount of time (3 days). MAKEEMDOIT............If they don't, ask them for the phone number of your regional service manager...Call him and tell him your dealer refuses to help you and fix your problem...Your regional service manager is Al Harper. A super nice guy who really knows Ventures...If they won't give you his phone number, PM me and I will give it to you. Make the dealer try to fix it first, and then you have a valid case when you call him. He WILL set them straight...

Edited by davecb
added to

All those things could, very easily be a set of carbs out of sync. Yours wouldn't be the only case where a dealership couldn't sync a set of carbs to save their lives.

If you find someone and sync the carbs (actually a very easy thing to do), and it helps, I'd go back and give the dealership a piece of my mind, that's for sure.

hey! i'm just below b'ham and have been going to clanton a lot latley to my wife's mom's house. i need to go to millbrook and checkout my sister-in-law's bike soon. maybe we can meet up take a look at it, i have a carbtune and can checkout the sinc for you . we can also checkout some other things to see if we can figure out whats happening.