IGNORED

Trike is running good now!

b2dad

Got the trike back Saturday. Apparently the drive shaft was aligned wrong and the rotors were bad on the rear brakes. There was alot of vibration and noise. Took it back to the mechanic and they had to adjust the drive shaft and put on new rotors. Since I picked it up Saturday afternoon, I have put several hundred miles on it. It's running way better now and I'm loving it!

Except for the gas mileage. I was getting 36 mpg before the trike kit and now I am only getting 26-27 mpg. The carbs have been synched. Anyone have an idea what else it could be?

I posted some more parts for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Will post more pics when I get time. See everyone at the rally next week.

Don :cool10:

Got the trike back Saturday. Apparently the drive shaft was aligned wrong and the rotors were bad on the rear brakes. There was alot of vibration and noise. Took it back to the mechanic and they had to adjust the drive shaft and put on new rotors. Since I picked it up Saturday afternoon, I have put several hundred miles on it. It's running way better now and I'm loving it!

Except for the gas mileage. I was getting 36 mpg before the trike kit and now I am only getting 26-27 mpg. The carbs have been synched. Anyone have an idea what else it could be?

can't wait to see the trike at the hub. your hauling more weight now and cutting a wider slice of air. that will take it's toll on mileage. see you and b2 mom soon. :2133:

What kind of rear end do you have on the trike? The one that they put on mine is a small lincoln. When it was a two wheel I got between 45 and 47. I dropped down to 35 when I triked it.

Ken:confused24:

What kind of rear end do you have on the trike? The one that they put on mine is a small lincoln. When it was a two wheel I got between 45 and 47. I dropped down to 35 when I triked it.

That would be my 1st thought is the gearing in the pig, I believe that Carbon One has a Ford 9" in his. I'm sure he'll chime in and give some insight

:happy34:

I would be happy with 35, LOL! The rear end that Hannigan used was a Ford Thunderbird.