IGNORED

Brandywine Campground ,Wv

Bigjohn1028

Me and a few other fella's are going to be camping out at the Brandywine campground near the West Virginia / Virginia border ....Anyone have any idea of some nice twisties in the area ? Were leaving this coming Thursday morning and not coming back until probably Monday. Finally getting a chance to try out my new Bivy tent, sleeping bag, and a new LED lantern I just got....:snow2:

You're in beautiful country John. About anywhere in Pendleton County you'll find good twisties. I always perfer the Highland Scenic Highway near Marlington and any of US Route 60 near Hawks Nest is good too. If you make it up near Braxton County, Look us up! I hope to be out riding this weekend, it about time the leaves will be starting to change.

:thumbsup2:

You're in beautiful country John. About anywhere in Pendleton County you'll find good twisties. I always perfer the Highland Scenic Highway near Marlington and any of US Route 60 near Hawks Nest is good too. If you make it up near Braxton County, Look us up! I hope to be out riding this weekend, it about time the leaves will be starting to change.

:thumbsup2:

Thanks for the advice Skid...Wrote down info as "must see"...I've been wanting to make it to one of the get togethers for a long time....Just seems like they always fall at the wrong time for me.....Sooner or later I'm gonna make it to a couple.....:15_8_211[1]:

You're in an excellent area. Rt. 33 west of there to Elkins is an awesome run. Go south, and come back across Cheat Mtn on Rt. 250 for a nice trip over the mountain. North of there, Rt. 211 is a nice run where it crosses between Rts 340 and 42 with wide sweepers and a few tight surprises. It should be great riding for you wherever you go around there.

Any of the area in the southwest part of West Virginia is nice. I've made the ride from Marlington north and circled back through Elkins several times. I have been scoping out some future rides, and actually Scenic Rocks and Black Waterfalls areas is at the top of my list next summer when I set off the first "West Virginia Skid-In". I also found another shorter ride I may use for a nice day ride. It would match the Tail of the Dragon Ride easily, but without all the law enforcement. I plan to ride one or two these road this fall before making my final pick. My wife now is even looking forward to the event next summer. So far everything is a GO! Hope you get to make it.

:biker::GREEN:

Here is a web site that lists WV roads http://www.motorcycleroads.us/wv.html.

That is a great website...I have used it before...I had forgotten about it completely...Thanks...I had it on my computer at work and had forgot to email it to myself....My plant shut down on May 24th permanently so I wasnt able to retain it....I used it on some trips into Kentucky and Ohio with some very good results.