IGNORED

Help! With rerouting cables!!!

sarges46

I put risers on my RSV. The throttle binds open when turned to the right. I tried wiggling the cables around with no success. How to I reroute them? I have no clue, my bike is in pieces right now....

First....step away from the bike and take a breather.......when you feel better go and tackle it. It helps!

Mine was binding also when I installed them. You really dont get much stretch with them. Some have moved them while others were able to stretch them. I was lucky not to have to reroute them. One thing I had to do to relieve the binding was loosening the right throttle housing and repositioning the whole assembly, all the while playing with the thumbscrews that tighten/loosen the cable at the throttle. Eventually I found its "sweet" spot. I also shot cable lube into the cables to make it slicker. Just a matter of patience and tinkering until its right.

Thanks Ruffy!

Walked away from the bike and called a fella from work. He is/was a Honda wrench and owns a old Harley that he loves and babies and rides the beejesus out of. Anyway he came by and showed me how to take those suckers off and reroute....cost me a beer!

Works great!

BigBob stopped over two days ago and has left an hour or so ago. A whirlwind of work on my bike.

Passing lamps installed the right way...relay etc. Cigarette lighter installed, levelling links installed, steering head tightened a smidgen, Rick Butler brake mod installed.

Wow..... still one thing left to do and thats install my wiring for my trailer...done that a few times so it shouldnt be a problem!

Thanks BigBob if you read this......and yes he does have a nice bike!