IGNORED

Ventures at Tail of Dragon Saturday

ediddy

I rode the tail of the dragon saturday and last night I was looking for my picture from the ones taken by killboy.com and I saw a white venture two up and a burgandy venture one up and two or three tours deluxe. Were these anyone here?

How did the Venture do? I rode mine in some twisty areas of Northeast Missouri a few years ago and found it to be quite tiring keeping up with all the curves while going at a decent clip. I was looking forward to straight aways after an hour or so.

Hey Keithert,

It was like wrestling with a 800lb gorilla. I rode the dragon several years ago on a 1100 vstar. I don't like riding the dragon. There was one time I got the crapp scared out of me. There are a few curves that are really bad. I was leaning but kept going toward the yellow line. I was almost on the line and my floorboard scraped the pavement. When your floorboard scrapes it hard to make yourself lean more but a trike was coming from the opposite direction so I had to lean a little more. Don't care to do that again.

Me and Ozzie from upstate NY and our wives of course did the Dragon several years ago, both down, then did a u-turn and headed back up for our t-shirts. With a bike as heavy as the Venture you sure do need to stay on your toes. No sightseeing either. Cheraloa skyway was more my speed. But nowadays im more inclined to have a blast on I-95....:178: