IGNORED

Please don't drink and drive

scotty

While we were on holidays this week our daughter was going to stay with one of our best friends. We just recieved this email.

At Andy's right now, turns out we(I) couldn't've picked a worse time to visit.

They're suffering something(understatement) of a family crisis. At something like 6:00-30 some drunk driver crossed the center line and killed three family members- I don't know all the names, but it sounds like an Aunt Rita, a grandmother, and an uncle. Two were killed on impact and the uncle died in hospital.

I didn't think I should call at midnight, and I don't think I could've stung the words together anyways. Emotions are... running high, to say the least.

Love, and stay safe for the love of God

Shyrstyne

End: cry

Begin: rant

Guest seuadr

the excuses these people make for their behavior is stupid too. it boils down to convenence. i guess they think it's more convenient to kill 3 people than to call a friend or take a cab. it makes me so angry. I am sorry this.

You know, allot of people want to burn me at the stake for my views and beliefs of alcohol and drinking and driving.

I am not a drinker and being a medic in the city(s) of Flint and Saginaw, I have seen what alcohol does to our society.

Just look at the fact that it is the NUMBER 1 killer in the US in one form or another.

I would be 100% behind a second run at prohibition of alcohol.

I would also support the death penalty for anyone that kills (in any way) while under the influence.

My friends laugh at me because I am such a sensitive person. I guess the humor is in my size and the fact that I can be so.... course? I guess that a good word for it.

But what they find amusing to them is that when I hear a story like Scotty told. I get all emotional and tend to cry. As I did as I read his post.

I think I carry allot of the pain I absorbed from the victims and family members of dead victims. And in close to ten years, that allot of people.

It's one thing to hear a story from someone, it's quite another to see the story unfold in front of you without being able to shield yourself from it, nor be able to help the family as the grieving process begins.

My heart truly goes out to the family that has suffered this horrendous tragedy.

My whom ever the call God help them and hold them tight in this time of need.

My heart goes out to your friends family. Our family suffered through a death from a drunk driver also. My cousin was hit while walking home from work. She was also pregnant at the time. We lost both of them and she left behind a young daughter.

Our prayers for the family.

Margaret

Drunk driver that hit me (and STUPID Deputy) didn't check him didn't kill me but really turned things upside down for me. Easy retirement now going to be very tight fixed Income. Hoping bikes don't have to go. And this Idiot walked without nothing because of a Deputy to stupid and lazy to do his job. Really makes Law Enforcement look bad!! If a report had been done as it should have I would have nothing to worry about. My loss is nothing compared to what this family has lost but it just really tics me off that some people get away with being so irresponsible and never have to pay. I am not as strong feeling as you are . I will take a dring now and then but I will not drink and RIDE!!! Probally have got in cage when I should have waited longer but could you be responsible for something like this and live with yourself? If we don't put ourselves in that position we won't have to worry about finding out. I still like to stop in the bars once in a while just to watch the Idiots but have no problem at all drinking a Coke and going on down the road. Really feel for this family. Hope at least they can get Insurance Company for some help in this. Didn't mean to change your thread just really upsets me that Insurance companies put people like this on the road and then don't want to be responsible for them.

Edited by Yammer Dan

IF it weren't for all the drunks on the road us medics would mostly be out of a job. And that would be a good thing. I agree that the penalties are not near stiff enough. Drink and drive. Lose your license and insurance for a year. Do it again and go to prison for a year.

Guest curtismiller

Articus,Burn you at the stake .Not hardly.Your my hero.Keep that up and never look back.I wont. Curtis