IGNORED

chatterbox headset

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a set of chatterbox headsets in 2005. They have worked as good as any. I recently bought the adapter from edsets so I can plug earbuds into the system. When I did this I cut the wires to the helmet speakers and just use the chatterbox mic and the ear buds. This way I can use the mic with any helmet. In the summer I use it with the half helmet and in winter I use it with the 3/4 helmet.

I had chatterbox headsets. They eventually died, which I expected to happen sooner or later. Replaced them with JM headsets, the clarity is way better, the fit to the helmet is better, and the speakers and mike can be unplugged and replaced separately if need be.

Tom (Tomephil) from Canada bought a set at Cycle Gadgets when we were at the rally. Shoot him a PM.

Shoot me for getting it.

My right speaker in my helmet has been no good since I bought it and today,Terry's mike has stopped working.

It may not be a great buy.

Yes, for all who sait it was not great, you are right.

We are on our way home from the rally, should be home friday night.

Will try to give an update then.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair for mine and my wife. Both of them have been working great since day one. I must be lucky I guess. I wormed the wireing underneath the foam protection inside the helmet and you can't even see the wires. The wind noise is a little bothersome but I just installed a mic-mite and that fixed that issue. :-)

My 89 came with a Chatterbox headset. It was for an open helmet and I ride full face so I had to wrap the mic boom under the chin bar.

I eventually replaced it with the cheapest J&M. The cheap J&M speakers sound 10X better.

Saw this post came back to the front, so I thought I would give you an update.

For what we are using it for, just intercom, its working ok. Fortunately Buddy had installed a passenger control system on the GW, cause if we had to just leave her headset on the wind noise would be a deal breaker. What we do now is she or my son turn their IC off when they are not talking which stops the wind noise.

I wouldn't buy another one, but for the price I will keep it till it craps out.

Jay

try the cardo scala rider I have a set and they are great. the speakers are not much larger then a quarter but the sound is excellent. plus they velcro right to the inside of any size helmit. Mine are stuck inside a half helmit close to the temple rather than by the ear and it works great.Also very easy to switch from helmit to helmit. As well they will accept up to 3 devices so you can tie it in with your cell phone or go bike to bike as well as rider to passenger since they have a thirty foot range. great when husband and wife/girl friend each have their own bike. I have used it to talk on the cell phone while riding (answer or voice dial only) and those I have spoke to say they cant tell the difference.

Here is a web link http://www.cardowireless.com/Motorcycle_headsets