IGNORED

Passing Lamp Tech Question

Larry C.

Received my Passing lamp set up today and there no instructions or parts breakdown. I think I might have the wrong bolt that mounts the lamp to the light bar both parts are factory Yamaha. The Lamps are #STR-4XY35-10-00 No bolts were supplied with the lights and the box was not opened before I received it. The bracket #STR-4XY35-40-00 was cut open in the middle where the hardware was and taped. Could anyone email or post a breakdown of the parts for these lights? Thanks

I just went trough the same thing last month except I installed 2006 Statoliner lights on a Venture light bar. NOW... stop right now and find a thread about " light bar mounting " There is a guy here that sells a bracket the exstens the bracket out away from the fairing. Please get this bracket, it will make your life a lot easrier when ever you need to remove the fairing. You can go to Home Depot/Lowe's and get metic hardare.

The wiring is all color coded so there should not be any problem there ...good luck

Cb

Received my Passing lamp set up today and there no instructions or parts breakdown. I think I might have the wrong bolt that mounts the lamp to the light bar both parts are factory Yamaha. The Lamps are #STR-4XY35-10-00 No bolts were supplied with the lights and the box was not opened before I received it. The bracket #STR-4XY35-40-00 was cut open in the middle where the hardware was and taped. Could anyone email or post a breakdown of the parts for these lights? Thanks

Larry - I had instructions and a parts breakdown for the Yamaha passing light setup. If you still need them, I can copy and email them to you. I sent a copy to somebody a while back.

Let me know - drop me an email so I can get your addy.

rbyrd5@neo.rr.com

Dick

NOW... stop right now and find a thread about " light bar mounting " There is a guy here that sells a bracket the exstens the bracket out away from the fairing. Please get this bracket, it will make your life a lot easrier when ever you need to remove the fairing. You can go to Home Depot/Lowe's and get metic hardare.

Cb

I ordered one of those brackets and it is perfect, he does a great job building it and it is a great idea but...I do not like the look of the bike with the lower wind deflectors that far away from the bike...looked funny to me.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1656&highlight=passing+light+spacer

I have it if someone wants it. I will sell it to you at a discount..not trying to undercut Tony at all. Again He did a great job designing and building this item.

PM me is you are interested.

I replaced the bolts that hold the passing lights turn signals with something easier to deal with and left if in the orginal position. I do not split the fairing that much and when I do...I use a ball allen wrench and all is well plus I carry the stuff with me in case I have to split it on the road.

I ordered one of those brackets and it is perfect, he does a great job building it and it is a great idea but...I do not like the look of the bike with the lower wind deflectors that far away from the bike...looked funny to me.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1656&highlight=passing+light+spacer

I have it if someone wants it. I will sell it to you at a discount..not trying to undercut Tony at all. Again He did a great job designing and building this item.

PM me is you are interested.

you have mail