IGNORED

Headset intercom problems

I bought a IMC Motorcom HS-G30. They work great at low speed but once we reach highway speed the wind noise eliminates conversation. We have made sure that the mics are placed up against our lips. I have a full face helmet and my wife has a 3/4 helmet. Any ideas or have others had this problem?

Iowa Guy

:confused24::think:

We had the same problem but replaced the windsocks with some thicker ones and it fixed it almost completely

I got one replaced but not the other. I will follow up on that and hope for the best.

Thanks

Iowa Guy

Took a three hour trip with my wife this weekend. What a disappointment. We put an extra wind foam on her mic in her 3/4 helmet. I left mine the same as it is a full face helmet and no more foam would fit. The wind noise was awful and the sound of our voices was tinny and then my left ear piece cut out completely. I was getting a headache so after an hour of monkeying around, we pulled the plug and rode in silence. We are a couple who talk. Either I get a headset that works or I am considering buying a convertable. Beautiful day for a ride with the sun behind us illuminating the midwest countryside and we could not share the experience.

Are these things a piece of junk or am I doing something wrong? We are leaving Thursday for five days in MN. If I can get a solution by then I will really be grateful.

Iowa guy

You can take the wind sock off and put a small balloon or a finger cot that fits real tight

over the microphone, and then put the wind sock back on over the top and it will eliminate all the wind noise. It worked great for me with my IMC headset.