IGNORED

Ride on----Any problems?

Bigfoot

I was gonna bring up this subject today myself.....

Yesterday we replaced the front tire on my brother's Venture. It's my 'old' bike, and I'd put RideOn in the tires about 5 years ago. I found the product was still liquid in the tire, but the rim was coated with what could be described as dried sludge. Not only was it on the center of the rim, but it was also where the tire seals on the rim. Most of the sludge in the center cleaned off with a paper towel, but what was in the tire seal area was dried and bonded to the aluminum. A half hour with a wire brush cleaned it off, but I've never heard anybody else having to do this. This bike is stored where it would have frozen most winters. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Or could it have been the 5 years? Any ideas??

Frank

Ride On is water soluble. It's very possible that some of the water evaporated and it stuck to the wheel. 5 years is a long time for a motorcycle tire to stay on. I would say this was the exception and not the rule in this case.

I had ride on in both my tires when I had a flat last month. Was getting off freeway one mile from home and bike started riding different. I made the mile but I had a hole dead center of tire and the ride on did not hold up. There was not a nail in the hole, just a small home dead center of rear tire. I plugged it and rode it that way for a couple of weeks until I could replace the tire. ( it was almost time anyway). I was somewhat disappointed in Ride on because of what I had heard hear and seen on various videos incuding ICE RACING videos that swear by the stuff. Not sure if I will invest in it again at this point. I was lucky this time as I was almost home but....

:2cents:

• 2 weeks later...