IGNORED

Front fork rebuild time

My 02 RSMV with 112k needs the forks rebuilt again. I had this done over three years ago with the additions of Baron's gold emulators. It is now just like before, very rough on the road, rattling from hitting bumps and just plain annoying. When it was done before it was so solid for some time. Some suggestions would be appreciated. Could I drain and re-oil or do I need seals etc. There is no sign of leaking.

:farmer:

My 02 RSMV with 112k needs the forks rebuilt again. I had this done over three years ago with the additions of Baron's gold emulators. It is now just like before, very rough on the road, rattling from hitting bumps and just plain annoying. When it was done before it was so solid for some time. Some suggestions would be appreciated. Could I drain and re-oil or do I need seals etc. There is no sign of leaking.

I think that's something you should be calling Race-Tech about. It may be nothing more than changing the oil.

Were the springs replaced on the first rebuild?? OEM springs usually only last about 50K. If not, you need new springs again. ( or progressive suspension springs. )

50K? Guess I'm on borrowed time. I have 99K on mine and they are fine. Of course now that I say that the darn things will crap out on me. LOL

Well maby yamaha used better springs in the 2nd gens ??? But the 1st gen springs usually were only good for about 50K. After installation, the difference is night and day, as to front end preformance !!

But either way, Progressive Suspension Springs, are so much better then OEM !!! Replace seals, and install new Progressive, !! but then, maby just draining, and replaceing the fork oil will make a big difference.

I appreciate the replies. I am going to talk with Race Tech tomorrow. The springs were not replaced at 49K but the Gold Emulator valves were installed. I may (after talking with RT) buy their h-d springs and rebuild the forks. It is just uncomfortable to ride and needs attention.

Thanks again. Another reason for $12 well spent.

I appreciate the replies. I am going to talk with Race Tech tomorrow. The springs were not replaced at 49K but the Gold Emulator valves were installed. I may (after talking with RT) buy their h-d springs and rebuild the forks. It is just uncomfortable to ride and needs attention.

Thanks again. Another reason for $12 well spent.

The Gold Emulators are great for race bikes and riding on nice roads.. but if you have the typical roads, the Gold Emulators are counter productive because of how they are supposed to work, you actually get a sharper and harder dampening feeling so you feel more of a jarring sensation when you hit bigger bumps.. I had them in my VStar and pulled them out after a while, installing Prog Springs which did the job much nicer..

Dunno if that has anything to do with your current ailment but tossed it in as a 'maybe" ?