I just aquired a 2005 RSV. Fantastic Bike although I will miss the speed of my "For Sale Valkyrie"

I am trying to install a Garmin Stree Pilot III and took all the screws out of the inside of the fairing and it wont budge. Can someone tell me where the tabs are located and how to split off the fairing without breaking anythig ? I need to get into the 5 pin Din inside the fairing. I tried geting in between the passenger Din under the rear seat but it did not work. Could not hear the Garmin Lady on my headset or speakers.

I did not find how to split the fairing in any of the Service Manuals or Parts List. Any help would be appreciate. Pictures even better !!!!

Dave Nager

X Goldwing & Valkyrie Rider

Lovin the RSV !:Venture:

There's lots of articles in here (somewhere) about splitting the fairing. I'll try and find one and post it.

You have to remove the chrome piece at the base of the windshield and the screws in there that hold the w/s on. Also, there's one screw below the headlight. If you have the driving lamps, you'll probably have to loosen them so that you can move them out and down a bit.

If you got all the screws from the backside out (I think there's 4 on each side) and those I mentioned above, then it's a piece of cake to remove.

I split the fairing on my 99 not sure if its the same on the 2005 or not.

1. carefully remove trim for windshield

2. remove windshield

3. there is a screw right below headlight that needs to be removed

4. now if you have driving lights you will need to take an allen wrench and loosen the nuts just enough so that you can drop them forward some to wiggle fairing at bottom.(this works best with the allen wrenches with a ball on one end so you can angle your allen wrench)

5 now there are 5 or 6 (not sure) screws running along the inside edge of fairing on each side that need to be removed .

fairing should be redy to come off carefully try to remove maybe stuck to other side if doesn,t come apart you wll have to look for more screws? (doing this from memory I am at work bikes at home)

reverse process when done. Hope this helps :fingers-crossed-emo

and never got a chance to get back to you on the pipes I bouhgt from you all I can say about em is "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES" :big-grin-emoticon:

Try this link to the tech ection on this web site [ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=494]Splitting the Fairing - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

If the link does not work then look on the left hand side bar of the the page and look for for VR tech, then find Second Gen Royal Star Tech Library, lok in the Body,Plastic and Paint section.