Now that looks like just what I'm looking for.. if only I can find one locally to try out.. Helmetcity ships to Canada as well.. bonus!

Thanks for the tip!

I ordered my riding suit from them , they had free shipping to Canada also. First time I see a US store ship free to Canada.

Ride safe Bob

I use KBC Tour-Com Solid Helmet. they have one in Blue that matches my 07 pretty close. Have one for me and my girlfriend and added J&M Headsets. We both like these for long trips. Bought them both online ttp://www.helmetshop.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Open+Face+Helmets:KBC+Tourcom+Helmets and my girlfriends did not fit. They exchanged it no problem.

How did you find their fitment compared to others? Thus far, most helmets I've tried will work in the XL size, but a few fit best at Large.. Does the KBC seem to follow a standard fitting size?

I think this might be the one I'd be looking at..

Thanks again

I always seem to work backwards from others. I found a couple of helmets online I could afford then searched for brick n mortar store for fitting . A couple of sites with deals are Leatherup & motorcyclecloseouts.com don't know about shipping to Canada . My fullface Shark retailed for $400 bought it for $150 at closeouts but it had sat for over a year before being sold. Fulmers are sold cheap as raiders if you have pep boys & Gmax also seem to be bargains and have good reveiws I know it doesn't directly answer you question but If you are also on a budget I thought I'd share my research. webbike.com (check spelling) has alot of info also

I always seem to work backwards from others. I found a couple of helmets online I could afford then searched for brick n mortar store for fitting . A couple of sites with deals are Leatherup & motorcyclecloseouts.com don't know about shipping to Canada . My fullface Shark retailed for $400 bought it for $150 at closeouts but it had sat for over a year before being sold. Fulmers are sold cheap as raiders if you have pep boys & Gmax also seem to be bargains and have good reveiws I know it doesn't directly answer you question but If you are also on a budget I thought I'd share my research. webbike.com (check spelling) has alot of info also

Yep that's a good way of doing it but unfortunately the shops around here all carry the same same helmets and there is little choice to pick from.. so for some of those 'great' helmets.. I can't find one locally to try on..

No worries.. a lot of good suggestions here..

Cheers

• 1 month later...

You've probably found a helmet by now but I have 2 friends who wear Bell Mag8 helmets and love them.

My wife's going out to get one this morning because she can't wear the full face or flip up ones and doesn't feel safe with the half helmet.

Here's the link to see what they look like.

http://www.thebellstore.com/Helmets/mag8.html

Also, here's a link to an independent review on the Bell Mag8 helmet which also shows what it looks like with the face shield up and down.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/bell-mag-8/

You've probably found a helmet by now but I have 2 friends who wear Bell Mag8 helmets and love them.

My wife's going out to get one this morning because she can't wear the full face or flip up ones and doesn't feel safe with the half helmet.

Still haven't found anything suitable for a touring helmet and I need to replace mine soon.. woo..

On the recent road trip into the USA I finally got a chance to try a lot of helmets and discovered that Bell helmets don't fit my noggin properly.. Additionally, I had reconstructive surgery to my head and face last summer that REALLY left me with a weird shaped face and head apparently.. The Bell you listed there won't close over my face as my nose is in the way.. I don't have a long schnoze but my chin and nose are now located too far forward..

Ok I have a BIG head.. (XL) sigh..

You could always try --> :bang head:

Maybe that will flatten things out for you! :stickpoke:

Seriously though, it is unfortunate that it is so difficult to find a good fitting lid. I settled on a HJC CS-5 a couple years back that was supposed to replace the $15 no-name helmet I got from Meijer when I was learning to ride... I find myself back in my original helmet more and more, just because of the way it fits... I have had my head in a lot of lids and while there are some real high priced ones that feel nice to the touch and work well for some, as you are finding everyone's melon is shaped differently and thats just how it goes. (Some of us were just born with goofy growths on top of our necks)

If you are ever bye one of those super-delaerships, sometimes they have huge selections of helmets it could be worth a day drive to go try a bunch on for fitting at least. I realize you have probably thought of this but just in case you hadn't...

Good luck!

I too have a problem with not being able to wear modular or full face helmets. I tried on a Zeus modular a couple years ago and it gave me plenty of room in the front for my chin but was just a tad tight on my big gord. I just ordered a 3X and it should be delivered on Monday. The one I tried on was a XL and normally I take a 3X or larger. I will give my thoughts on it once I get it and try it on.

I had a nolan modular 2X and it was very tight and I couldn't close the chin bar and lock it. So I was very surprised the the XL Zeus fit so well in the front.

Here is a link to web bike worlds write up.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/zeus-helmet/zeus-helmet.htm

Got the Zeus in today and am very happy with it. It's not a $400.00 helmet but it is nice and comfortable. Probably an inch to an inch and a half between my chin and the chin bar when locked with the neck collar removed. With it on it pushed the helmet back some and thus reduces the distance between the chin bar and my chin. I can put the helmet on with the bar down and locked without any problems at all. Looks pretty good too. I'll be taking it in to work tomorrow so I will get a better feel for it but as of right now I am thoroughly happy with it.

Got the Zeus in today and am very happy with it. It's not a $400.00 helmet but it is nice and comfortable. Probably an inch to an inch and a half between my chin and the chin bar when locked with the neck collar removed. With it on it pushed the helmet back some and thus reduces the distance between the chin bar and my chin. I can put the helmet on with the bar down and locked without any problems at all. Looks pretty good too. I'll be taking it in to work tomorrow so I will get a better feel for it but as of right now I am thoroughly happy with it.

how does it look for accommodating ear speakers for a comms system