IGNORED

May sell My 1985 Venture......

May Get booed or even booted off the site. May be selling my venture because of my hands. I have moderately severe Carpel Tunnel in both hands. I had surgery in my left hand about 5 weeks ago and not much improvement. The bike is too heavy and I have almost dropped it on a number of occasions. It has the typical 1 gen second gear issue which I just go from 1st to 3rd. The bike runs strong, Idles great starts great and runs like a bat out of hell. It is leaking from the valve cover gaskets a bit. What would a fair asking price be for it?

:crying:

Don't feel bad Bro, 4 years ago I had complete left hand reconstructive surgery. In all 7 proceedures from Carpel Tunnel to finger joint replacement! I still have my days when I have a difficult time with my 89 VR. I too am starting the proceedure of finding a little more managable bike even tho i really really like mine. Do what you need to do to feel safe and if it meens selling you will still have the memories, just be sure to have some pix for the photo album so you can show others one of the best bikes ever built!

Hate to see you have to part with it. I can't afford another right now but 2nd gear will hurt it. I have a 85 I bought out of desperation because I wasn't getting to ride. Not regreting it now. How many miles on yours and what color? Any extras on it? Got pics? See it is a job to get rid of them. Just kidding but if you list everything we can help you more. As for getting booted off didn't you read the fine print. You are stuck with us. Good luck with whatever you need to do with it.

It has 54,272. It is the original reddish brown color. Has the complete touring package and right before I bought it, the guy before me put new rubber on the wheels. Air Ride suspension works, as well as all accessories. Only has the tape player which works and the AM/FM radio. Brand new battery as well as starter. Here are some pics of it.