IGNORED

Trying To Get There

jneed53

OK

Trying to the Darkside and can't get past dusk. I got the Kumho, went to CurtisMiller's place since he knew of a tire shop that would install it, and them tried to complete the job at his friend's shop. Anyway, the tire shop wussed out at 100# and it wouldn't seat completely. We ran it up to 120# (we think - can't trust the gauges) and no luck. Tried numerous times to break the bead and start over. It's perfect on one side and about 80% om the other. Any ideas???

Guest curtismiller

John,We did not have a chance to examine the inner wheel before they started on it.Next step might be to break it back off and see if there is any corrosion or crap in there that is holding it back.Idex the wheel where it was hanging.That spot could be the culprit.Try all easier suggestions first.LOL Curtis

OK

Trying to the Darkside and can't get past dusk. I got the Kumho, went to CurtisMiller's place since he knew of a tire shop that would install it, and them tried to complete the job at his friend's shop. Anyway, the tire shop wussed out at 100# and it wouldn't seat completely. We ran it up to 120# (we think - can't trust the gauges) and no luck. Tried numerous times to break the bead and start over. It's perfect on one side and about 80% om the other. Any ideas???

Set it out in the hot Texas sun and let it warm up.

When I had my front tire installed I only heard one pop at the installers. He checked around the wheel and said I was good to go. Went home and pumped it up to 60 lbs and never heard anything. I checked around the perimeter of the tire and it looked on and even, so I have been riding it and checking to see if it is losing any air, and it hasn't for a week, so I assuming that it is good to go. Will continue to check for air, but not worried about it anymore.

Thanks guys, but the tire has been left in the sun, in a hot closed up vehicle, and all a few times. Gonna drop it off at some independent tire shop and leave it with them. As Curtis said, maybe they will get frustrated enough with it to really pump some pressure in.

As much as I hate hearing of you guys putting 100 lbs of air in a tire to seat it, lube the hell out of the bead and the rim. That is the only thing that is going to make it go on easier. Like Forrest mentioned, clean the rim to as smooth as you can get it.....good luck

:2cents: