IGNORED

Break pads

Thistledown

There are two options on brake pads. The first is the standard "organic" pads that come on the bike. The others which are better pads, but cause a bit more rotor wear are EBC Sintered pads. They will definitely shut you down, but at somewhat of a cost on rotors. I've got the sintered pads on mine and haven't noticed a great deal of wear yet, but if someone decides to pull out in front of me I want the brakes up to the task.

The sintered are about $30-35 (3 sets needed) organics are $18-25. Motorcycle Superstore is where I got my last ones.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

I have to wonder about the use of aftermarket sintered pads. Why put on pads that stop better when a number of riders have reported brake lock ups and then install mods to make the brakes grab less? confusing?

I have to wonder about the use of aftermarket sintered pads. Why put on pads that stop better when a number of riders have reported brake lock ups and then install mods to make the brakes grab less? confusing?

I've never heard of the fronts locking up, they may have, but I've not heard of it. On the rear it is very much up to the rider. I've not locked my rear brakes up, ever, but then I am prone to using the front heavily, as that's where 85% of the braking occurs on a bike or car.

I was offering what was available, not advice on what to put on.