IGNORED

Another Dead Deer in WI

Scooter Bob

So glad your alright,

After the deer broad sided us last year we only try to ride an hour after sunrise and home or stopped an hour or more before sunset. That's when they do the most running here.

Deer Whistle's do not work, been proven time and time again. I hear Loud pipes help, just haven't got myself to put any on. I like to hear the radio.

I can't say that Deer Whistles are a joke. I have an electronic one on my RSTD and it saved me from hitting a large bear near Revelstoke, BC last summer. He came running across the road and it's like he all of a sudden heard the hi pitched sound and bolted back to where he came from. I'm assuming it was the whistle he heard and not my bike. At any rate I missed him. It's also caused deer on 2 other instances to run back into the trees as I approached.:nanner:

Glad you guys are okay!

RR, seagull and geese? Cats too? Over the years (no deer, yet...close) I've hit a couple of birds (feathers and crap everywhere); "winged" a wild turkey; had big ol' dog run into me which about knocked me over; I've hit at least one coon with the bike; even had a snake drop out of the sky and almost land in my lap; but squirrels....I kill off five or six of them every year with the bike!

Just got back from riding the bike to the dealer in Oshkosh for the estimate. Had to stop 10 miles from home and get some duct :duck:tape and put all the lower fairing pieces back on. I guess it's just not jetted for a ram air intake system.:doh:

Anyways, he said he'd have the estimate done in a day or so, and, ( I can't believe this) if the insurance company doesn't total it, they could have it all done in a couple weeks. Must be why the only make 2 colors a year, easy to keep the parts in stock.:banana:

It took the HD stealer 9 weeks to get my Electra glide back on the road, and they make all the fiberglass parts 4 hours from here in Tomahawk, WI.:bang head:

I guess we just wait and see now, Later, Scooter Bob

Guest seuadr

We'll have a better chance of a deer tripping on them and falling down before they make it to the road.:happy65:

it's odd you know, i know people that swear up and down that the only reason they have NOT hit a deer is because of deer whistles on their vehicles, and i know people who swear up and down that they've hit more deer since they installed them, and less since they took them back off on various vehicles.

i guess mebby cut one in half and mount half of it? :think::whistling:

Glad you will be ok.

Hope the bike does well at the doctor too.

As an avid deer hunter in WI I am doing all I can to make the roads safer.

I put 6 deer in the freezer every year. The only meet I buy is in restaurants.

Last week in the middle of town I ended up with a deer trying to become my passenger while I was going under a bridge. That deer was seriously freaked out being trapped under that bridge with traffic in all four lanes. This was 4 hours after sunrise.

If there is one thing I learned in the last 30 years of hunting is that deer are totally unpredictable and can be anywhere at any time, always watch those shoulders.