IGNORED

Brake Pads when towing...

dr_bar

As replacement pads I have been using EBC brand in the HH series. They give good service and provide great stopping power.

Good luck with the trailer. I pulled one for 5k miles through Montana and Wyoming and never knew it was there. :080402gudl_prv: :080402gudl_prv: :080402gudl_prv:

venture has two types of brakes, the standard shoe, and the after market shoe, after market (Better) most yamaha shops carry both.

I personal use my motor, clutch & brake together to slow me down, and I do it, way in advance

Exactly! I double my stopping distance, but with the Sintered Pads, it will shut down...if you really need to!

• 1 month later...
Guest wrench

I also replaced my rear brakes 2 years ago with the EBC HH's, but does anyone else have a brake dust problem with them? It wouldn't be so bad if it was easier to get in there and clean it up. Steve, how much/if any did the trailer affect your fuel mileage? Just curious.

Thanks,,,

We just towed a modfied Harbor Freight trailer from Phoenix to Billings and back.

Cruising along about 65 MPH was almost 40 MPG.

Pushing it over the Continental Divide, twisties on a wide FUN strech, really workign the Avons and throttle, we averaged 75mpg. However MPG went down to 18.... .