IGNORED

New Project

Paul

Well I finally am building my trailer here are a few pics. I cut down a HF trailer to 30 inches wide and CNC'D the diamond plate at work. I still have to mount my diamond plate bumper along witl my LED lights. I put a slot in for a divider which will be for the dog when we take him. I am making 2 different tops. A solid one for regular use and one with a cutout with a little high rise box with widows with screens for air intake and I also have to put one more exhaust in the back that will have 3 small computer fans (which will draw as little power as LEDs) to pull the air through. I have to finish the cooler rack which I will line with orange acrylic and then polish the aluminum then the flames will be orange from the outside. I am going to make it so I can take it off the trailer and mount it to my hitch platform when not using the trailer. I am going to get someone to tig weld all my seams to make it water tight and I should be good to go after I put the fenders (with diamondplate mudflaps with small flames cut out in them. It should be sharp when its done if I can find some hubcaps that will fit the 8 inch wheels as the ones I see say they are for golf carts and they are different rims.

Anyway let me know what you think. When its all done I will only have about $350 into it as I got all my aluminum at cost and programmed the CNC myself and cut it on my own time. (its nice having a key to the shop) And being that it is aluminum it is very light.

Paul

I put a slot in for a divider which will be for the dog when we take him.

Will the exhaust not affect your dog, you think:icon_smile_question I too, would like to fix something on my trailer for the dog. Any way it looks sweet. :thumbsup2:

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some updated pics of my trailer its just about finished. I made 2 seperate lids one plain which I etched flames (love those flames). The other is for taking Ringo (dog) with us. The top of the dog box on the lid is 8 inches high and is 18 wide by 12. This will draw enough air and is high enough so as not to get any exhaust fumes and plenty of room for him to look out. I also am putting 2 12 volt fans in my exhaust holes in the back to draw the fresh air in through the top and out the back vents. I just have to wire the lights and carpet it and it will be about done after my latches come in from ebay I will have it ready for a test ride.

I would redo the suspension if you plan on putting your dog in there. Those Harbor Freight suspensions are a joke. It's fine for junk, but I would not haul a dog on one without some serious modifications.

Take the box off, crawl up onto the trailer and jump up and down and watch the leaf springs NOT flex.

I took my suspension down to just he main leaf and it's still stiff as a board. I thought about using the main leaf as a swing arm and installing a pair of shock/spring assemblies off a bicycle to smooth the ride out.