IGNORED

My homemade trailer

ctraylor

I load the heavy stuff toward the rear of the trailer. Even with my wife on the rear it never bottoms out tire is wearing normal. I pulled it to Pennsylvania last summer and am going to North Carolina this summer. I pulls great and I can't hardly tell it is back there. The ony time I can bearly feel it is when I am behind a semi and the wind turbulence is bad. When it is loaded it falls further down and not as high. I didn't know if it would work either but turned out it pulls great.

• 3 weeks later...

The hitch is built like the Eaglemate trailers. It is slipped into the slot with a pin in the middle so it will pivot left and right also. I welded the hitch to the bracket under the trunk. It is built just as heavy as most of the hitches I have looked at and I don't have to worry about it when I remove the rear wheel. I had to cut a hole in the bottom of my trunk but it is covered with the pad in the bottom so no problem. I will be at the Hub for the national meet if you are coming and I will bring the trailer if everyone promises not to make fun of it.

I will be at the Hub for the national meet if you are coming and I will bring the trailer if everyone promises not to make fun of it.

Curtis,

Dont worry about what everyone thinks of it, if it works for you and doesn't adversely affect the handling then it's good :thumbsup2: Bring it to the rally as I know there will be someone there that will like to see what you created. I wish that I could be there to see it, but alas thats not going to happen :(

Edited by Squidley

Yes it leans with the bike and seems to add stability to the bike instead of take away. It does make the bike handle a little different but after about 10 miles you get used to it and don't even notice it is back there.

Curtis,

Dont worry about what everyone thinks of it, if it works for you and doesn't adversely affect the handling then it's good :thumbsup2: Bring it to the rally as I know there will be someone there that will like to see what you created. I wish that I could be there to see it, but alas thats not going to happen :(

It is a very interesting design and I would like to look at it at the rally. Like he said, it's all good. right Brad??

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from Charlotte, NC and pulled trailer there and back. I ran on the interstate most of the way around 75 to 80 mph. This trailer pulls very well. My wife rode with me and the bike handled great. The only time I could feel the trailer slightly was when I ran up behind a Semi and the wind turbulence shook the bike slightly but I feel that even without the trailer, just a little more noticeable with the trailer.