IGNORED

Sorry, dont want an HD style batwing

Has anybody ever heard of a fairing for a RSTD that doesnt resemble anything like a Harley? Other than the Roadglide but thats a frame mounted job .
i would say the shape of the fairing is pretty much limited,because of the fork mount.the venture fairing is the best looking in my opinion but yuor talking lots of money. :)

Rifle has some too. Check this link for more info. http://www.rifle.com/

and several other links that may be of interest as well:

http://www.hoppeindustries.com/

http://trikeshop.com/index.php

http://www.targa-acc.com/main_powersearch.html

The above are for the most part bat wing styles that will have to be adapted to the RSTD bikes. Which is probably true for any after market fairing for these bikes. ASt least I know of no company providing a bolt on fairing for the RSTD's or royal Stars. I'm sure it could be done thou as I have successfully adapted a Harley fairing to a Suzuki Volusia

Larry

Whats wrong with a HD?

The bikes are fine if that what floats you cork.

I'M just a little tired of the "ride, image and the attitude "of the Harley Fashion. And I'm looking for a better design that isnt 20 years old. I'm not really into the retro thing.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jammin'John

Too much "baggage" with the harley lifestyle.

I'm a rider not a "profiler"

That's why I have a Valkyrie & a Stratoliner.

JJ

• 4 weeks later...

The bat wing is popular as it works well...better than the fairings on our RSV's as it actually gives more hand protection. Thats why most uncluding Hoppe and Dragonfly look that way. The fairing has nothing to do with an indivduals attitude on what ever bike they choose to ride. I have a harley Heritage..(2nd harley now, no leaks or broken down either) and i am not a "profilier " or anything else some of the metric riders like to label them as! If you think about it labelling them is no better than the ones with an attitude. I ride both..mabe Im a metric profiler LOL!!

The fairing is functional and no need to upgrade it after all these years as they got most of it right the first time!. Our fairing is a very good design aerodynamically it juts needs about 2" more of width at the top I think. and a better sound system!

The bat wing is popular as it works well...better than the fairings on our RSV's as it actually gives more hand protection. Thats why most uncluding Hoppe and Dragonfly look that way. The fairing has nothing to do with an indivduals attitude on what ever bike they choose to ride. I have a harley Heritage..(2nd harley now, no leaks or broken down either) and i am not a "profilier " or anything else some of the metric riders like to label them as! If you think about it labelling them is no better than the ones with an attitude. I ride both..mabe Im a metric profiler LOL!!

The fairing is functional and no need to upgrade it after all these years as they got most of it right the first time!. Our fairing is a very good design aerodynamically it juts needs about 2" more of width at the top I think. and a better sound system!

I think its just preference. He wants his bike to look different. Nothing wrong with that.

• 2 weeks later...
I think its just preference. He wants his bike to look different. Nothing wrong with that.

Absolutely but its hard to do..someone told my form follows function so that probably why the style is still there. i like the one that raised for the radio abit though. Now if i guy ws handy i could see laying some glass to style one for himself!:cool10:

Absolutely but its hard to do..someone told my form follows function so that probably why the style is still there. i like the one that raised for the radio abit though. Now if i guy ws handy i could see laying some glass to style one for himself!:cool10:

I set up a trike shop fairing for my brother 650 a while back , turned out nice

http://www.international-star-riders.com/starcruiser/newstar/article.php?issue=2.8&article=117

• 1 month later...

I've thought about getting a Harley shell and mating it to my fairing. i really don't like the RSV fairing... it reminds me of an ugly windjammer II fairing I had on a 77 G"old" Wing. I tossed around a few Ideas... Getting a quadzilla with 4 speakers and and mounting my audio stuff inside it. I hope to build a garage this year maybe next wintah... Good weather I'm too busy ridin... Doin Bike Week Daytona and maybe Sturgis.....