IGNORED

Looking for Ozarks suggestions

jbabin

My wife and I are going to St Louis, MO for a relatives birthday part around July 4th so we thought we would take a ride to the Ozarks first. We have not been there before so we are looking for some suggestions about lodging etc. We are going to leave on Wednesday July 1 and will need to be in the St Louis area by late afternoon on the 3rd, it does not leave us a lot of time we know that.

Any help would be appreciated.

South of Saint Louis are Elephant Rock state park,Johnson Shut-Ins, The Big Spring at Van Buren, Current River,Jacks Fork river,Eleven Point river. Lots of big springs. My photo is of me standing beside Greer Spring which is in a designated wilderness area. The Ozark Scenic Riverways where the first in the nation. Riding in the area or Northwest Arkansas is beautiful. You can Google any of these things and get more info.

If you're leaving MN on the 1st and have to be in St. Louis on the 3rd, that doesn't leave a lot of time for going farther south into the Ozarks and then back north to St. Louis.

I'd consider a leisurely ride accross middle Iowa and drop south into Missouri on US 63.

If you make it as far as Rolla, MO you'll find restaurants and plenty of motels.

I'd then ride down MO 72 to Salem and take MO 32 to US 21 to St Louis.

The ride along MO 32 will give you a taste for the Ozarks but you'll be able to stay on schedule.

If you have time a spot to linger on the ride to St. Louis near where MO 32 and US 21 come together is Taum Sauk Mountain.

WE just got back from there about a week ago. We went straight to Harrison Ark. Staying in the Holiday inn Express in Harrison...Great hotel very nice and they gave us some brochuses of about 8 loops in the ozarks. Tells you how many curves, how many miles and how long it will take you. They are very motorcycle freindly. Let you park your bike under the covered drive right out front.

We went down Hyw 7 on the way home to Hot springs. Again we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. They had towels to wipe off your bike.

We came across from Mississippi and was gone 2 nights and 3 days. Really good trip.

:sign outstanding:

Try Eureka Springs Ark. Beautiful old resort town, GREAT roads and decent restaurants. Go south out of town and take a nice long loop through the hills. Check out War Eagle Mill as well. Great place. Wife and I were there for the 3rd time last April. Some of the nicest, and least traveled, roads around!!!:301:

totally agree with everyone about harrison and ark except for the time factor. i would try to make it to lake ozark mo, then take hwy 94 thru hermann mo along the missouri river into st.louis. very nice ride and might fit your schedule better

I agree your time allowance doesn't give you much time at all. I would say your best bet would be the Lake Ozarks route as well. We live about an hour north of Osage Beach and that is a beautiful ride down through there and over to Hermann and then on in to St Louis. Osage Beach is only about 3 hrs or so from St Louis. We have stayed at a Bed and Breakfast down there and absolutely loved it. There plenty of hotels as well and plenty of places to eat. I would say I could meet you along teh way but I may be headed back from Va around that time.

If you want, keep me posted and maybe we could work something out to meet or if you are interested, you could stop over at my house for a few hours or possibly even stay the night.

Just got back from there today. We road from West Central WI down to St Louis to the Arch then down to Mt Home...Took quite a while around SL.... Slabbed it back up 63 in much shorter time..2 down, 4 there and 2 down is just about right.

Some of the best roads around..Hooked up with Curtis ( CTraylor) in Mountain Home....What a great guy.

You must ride ":push mountain road" 341 out of mountain home....check out the photo guy 8.8 miles from the south end of the run..

Great guy who takes great picture (pushmountainpics.com)

The area around Jasper is beautiful...Be careful on the twisties..

All those heading to the Rally are in for a real treat....( with some heat)