IGNORED

shark handle bar speakers radio

just bought shark 250 watt handle bar speaker from gooddeal18.com. just wondering if any has put this system on there rstd? where the mount the speakers? the amp? just want to get some ideas before install.

thanks this has to be the best forum for rstd

Mounted the FM receiver onto the chrome housing above speedometer. Not quite a perfect fit but acceptable. I attached speakers to the "Big Willies" cup brackets I have. Perfect Fit. I then reattached my cups using 1/2 Dia. electrical conduit clamps! My IPOD I atached to the cups with velcro! I replaced the audio cord with a 12" audio cord I picked up from Radio Shack. Very happy with the entire project and will add some pictures shortly! Sound is fantastic although I have found that at stop lights everyone tends to look over from their cars because the music might be to load. I keep the volume around 15 and sometimes push it to 22. Have not tried it at full blast 30 yet!

i mounted my amp on a radar detector handle bar mount. i removed the mirrors and installed the speakers in the stem mounts. put the mirrors back on and that was it. It looked ok. not great but ok. the speakers looked good, the amp was ok. I put a set on a friends vtx. mounted the speakers to the fairing, the tuner i put in a leather windshield bag. This setup i like way better than mine. the speakers are in behind the fairing and much easier to hear. You cant see the amp, plus itll get some protection if it rains

I bought the same exact system, it was a bugger to mount in a location that I liked. The amp went dead on me before I found a spot for the speakers that I liked so I just took everything off. You have to send the amp back to China to get warranty work.:bang head: I have not decided if it's worth the hassle. Glad you are happy with it, mine sounded awesome (until it died).

• 3 weeks later...

I just spent my first day with this system and it was good. I mounted the amp behind the left leg lower. The speaker brackets needed to be re-drilled to fit the mirror post because the master cylinder is too close, but I made it work.

Compared to my Electraglide it is not quite as good sound, but for what I paid it is fine. Installation was not bad otherwise and the manual was adequate.

All around I am happy with it.

used p-clamps to mount speakers to handlebar

then mounted amp in left saddle bag

ran wires under gas tank

very impressed with the sound compared to the $300-$400 system if it last it well be well woth it:thumbsup2:

• 9 months later...
Guest human4m

I put one of the Shark FM/MP3 radios on my 97 RSTC, and it's definitely worth the $90 I paid on gooddeals18.com. Mine came with the wired remote, with plenty long enough cable. I had to lengthen the speaker wires a bit though, I mounted them on a handlebar clamp that used to hold my clock, ran the wires, mounted the amp in the low-side bag, and I love it. I connected the power straight to the battery, but I replaced the terminal ends with an end just like my battery tender, so I just unplug the radio when I want to use the tender. Mine came with the USB stick that you put your MP3's on, plug it in and go. It's great!

I should put some pics up...