IGNORED

New guy needs help

One other thing you should check and report back here - your problem absolutely could be caused by the mixture screws being too far in. Although this is very unlikely, you never know what someone else might have done. CAREFULLY turn each screw in, just 1/2 turn at a time, and count how many turns until the screw just touches (do NOT tighten it). Write that number down, then turn the screw back out exactly where it was when you started. Adjusting those screws is not something you should try without experience, but if you let me know where each carb is set now I can tell you if it is in the right range or not. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Goose,

I have my carbs off, disassembled and soaking in Pine-Sol. Looking for some advise on checking/setting the float level. I read the write up that you did on setting the float level but I'm still not sure on exactly where on the floats to take the measurement. It looks to me that the shop manual shows the measurement being taken at about the middle of the float but every photo I've seen on here of someone taking the measurement looks like they are doing it close to the hinge.

Also any chance you could let me know if my mixture screws are in range?

Here is what I got.

#1 was at 2.5 turns

#2 ------- 2 turns

#3 ------- 3.25 turns

#4 ------- 2 turns

Thanks,

Deane

take a 12 or 16 oz. bottle of TECHRON and put it in a full tank of gas and run the heck out of it for about 150 mi. bet that does the trick.

Just bought a 2000 Venture with 24,500 miles on her. I drove the bike from Knoxville,Tn. to Williamsburg,va. about 540 miles and averaged 41 MPG.

I like the comfort and "stuff" radio//cruise etc, and the performance etc.

The bike had sat for 7 months and I ran 6oz each of seafoam through 2 tanks of gas which helped the low speed idle some but:

THE BIKE WILL NOT IDLE OFF OF CHOKE.

This gets hairy in traffic or slowing down on a ramp. Actually I am getting pretty good at left hand choke control (manually)--in seriousness this is dangrerous.

The stealer says it just needs a fuel service check up which is $320.00 plus parts--thank you very much.

I can wrench a little and from the threads I have read so far It sounds like I should do plugs 1st which I would do anyway.The owners manual looks a little vaque.

The general condidtion of the bike is good but needs a real goof clean up.

Out on the road at 70 she seemed in her element it just doen not want to idle off choke.

Any advise would be appreciated.

This is my 10th Bike in 6 years I think I found a keeper.

ED:thumbsup2: