IGNORED

Rear brake m/c res fill plug?

Is there anything special about the rear brake master cylinder reservoir fill plug thread?

Is it something I should be able to pick up a reasonable facsimile of locally? Is it a tapered thread?

Thanks,

Brian H.

- is yours too stiff to move ?

No, it works fine. I am thinking of adding a bit more reservoir capacity for bleeding air out of the line to the front caliper.

I am also looking at this one man bleeding system, which requires a pressure tight connection to the reservoir. They don't offer ones that accommodate motorcycles, so making the adaptor would be up to me and I wondered how exotic that thread or fitting is.

Thanks,

Brian H

Edited by 6m459
clarity

I've been thinking about doing something like that to. Get another reserve plug and drill and tap it for a 1/4" bib fitting and hook it up to larger storage for bleeding. The Speedi Bleeder is interesting. Although I didn't look that hard, they don't seem to have a listing for just the bleeder without the adapter.

Although I didn't look that hard, they don't seem to have a listing for just the bleeder without the adapter.

I have had some email back and forth with the speedibleed guy(s) and they seem quite flexible and willing to put together a custom kit based on what you need.

I'll keep you posted.

Brian H.

I have had some email back and forth with the speedibleed guy(s) and they seem quite flexible and willing to put together a custom kit based on what you need.

I'll keep you posted.

Brian H.

Cool!!! :thumbsup2: Ya never know, with all the trouble we all have bleeding our cotton pickin' brakes, this might be just the ticket... Am I seeing visions of maybe another group buy on the horizon??? :draming: :whistling:

I watched Rocket flush my rear brakes and he cut the top off a turkey baster and the end fit into the top of the resevoir and the plastic was soft enough to give a good seal with no leaks, plus it was see thru so you could see how much fluid was in the baster.

It seemed to work real slick plus it was a cheap no fuss solution.

Brian