IGNORED

Victory Motorcycle warrenty?

Snaggletooth

I was headed home from work this morning and I went past the Victory dealer. There was a sign up that said they now offering a "5 year warrenty". Ok, it was 3am so I circled back and read the sign again. Yep. That's what it said.

Anybody hear anything on this or are they just pushing some outside party "extended" warrenty BS to make some sales?

it is 5 years now. That is even according to the tv show "The NEW American Thunder" on speed. Now that show for the last like three episodes has been pushing the Ness Victories. He has been riding and touring their shop, visiting Arlen's and Corey's personal cabins, I think they are getting cuts now, lol.

But back to the warranty, last I heard at the cycle show in SC this past year it was a limited time they were going to offer it. Now they have just went full force with it and it stands at 5 years, I don't know millage or details.

I have riden a few styles, good bikes but I am not going to run out and buy one just because of the warranty.

Ride Safe and enjoy it.

Robert "thekid":Venture:

Per the Polaris website, it appears the 5 year warranty consists of 1 yr standard factory warranty and an additional 4 years of extended warranty. No mileage limitations, $50 deductable in the extended portion.

RR

Edited by RedRider

Lonestarmedic and I looked at the visions when the Victory truck set up at our Yamaha dealer. They had a stripped Vision to show and it is really a work of art for the frame.It has a sideways mounted swingarm for the rear shock. I'm not dropping 23 grand on 1 right now but they are a sweet ride

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory/2009/Touring/Victory-Vision-Tour-Premium/Pages/Gallery.aspx

Vision 5 year Warranty... It is the same now here in Canada too. They have a five year warranty. I test rode a Vision yesterday and one the day before as well. (wanted to make sure I got my money's worth... LOL... free!). I rode the Street and the Tour. I was told that the 5 year warranty was maybe a limited time offer. Anyway, there were some things I liked and some things I disliked about the Vision. I liked it more the first time I rode it, then liked it a bit less the second time I rode it. To keep things short here is the abbreviated (LOL) summary (I own a 2007 RSV with 30,000 kms, all mine from new):

VISION PROS: :thumbsup:

1) Radical looks. I like the looks, but my wife said if I buy it she won't even sit on it. (not sure... Pro?? Con??) Ooops.. she might read this! She says it looks like result of a harley having sex with a scooter!! LOL.

2) adjustable shield. I like it, I am 6 ft 1/2 inch and I would have liked if it would go even about an inch higher. Didn't like the lower settings at all. Too much wind.

3) handling, especially low speed. It doesn't feel as top heavy as my 2nd Gen RSV and I think the skinnier front tire makes it less susceptible to wandering on uneven surfaces.

4) stereo - I liked the sound even at highway speed. It has more power and more low end bass than the RSV with bigger speakers (I even have upgraded my RSV speakers to Polk Audio coax speakers).

5) Tachometer - always wished I had one on the RSV

6) large needle type fuel guage (that I assume would indicate more accurately than the RSV)

7) gear indicator - not a big deal, but would be nice to have.

8) bigger full time clock, AND temperature

9) fairly smooth and quiet for a twin, but not as smooth as the RSV.

10) co-ordinated brakes - when you press the rear brake, it also applies a small amount of front brake which really improves braking. It worked well. You can still apply front only if needed.

11) smooth, soft, suspension. It does not seem as harsh as my RSV. Although my RSV is better since I reduced rear shock air from 35 to 25 psi.

12) not top heavy

13) NO GEAR WHINE... or at least much less. There is some audible top end valve train noise at lower speeds.

VISION CONS::happy-emoticon:

1) price - the Tour Premium is $25,500 CDN.

2) much less storage space - the RSV is quite good in this dept. The side saddle bags on the vision are quite small, there are some very small sort of shelves inside the saddle bag area but these are not water sealed.

3) Lack of standard features - the following are NOT standard, even on the Premium:

- trunk & bag carpets or mats (90$), DC jack, there is one hidden in a small compartment but you need to buy an extension cord, no CB, no intercom, couldn't find helmet locks?, Accessories are very expensive. CD player is $1500 CDN.

4) overall it has a very "plastic" feel. There really is a lot of plastic and some of the latches don't catch very well. There are no metal push pads on the side saddle bag covers. Instead you just push and pull on the painted surfaces. You feel like you have to be careful each time you push one of the plastic compartments.

5) very clunky transmission. Shift down from second to first is LOUD.

6) poorer acceleration, especially above 120 km/hr to 130 km/hr (about 75 to 80 mph). I am used to gunning the RSV when passing even at 130 or 140 and being up to 160 or 170 km/hr (100 - 105 mph) in no time. The Vision took a long time to get from 130 to about 150 even in 5th.

7) THe Vision TOUR is very susceptible to side wind gusts. I rode both days in about 25 mph gusty winds. When the wind is from the side, the back end of the Vision Tour gets pushed from side to side. I believe this is because of the tour trunk which is set quite far back and quite high. The tour pack acts like a sail and you can really feel the bike move from side to side in heavy gusty side winds. The dealer even thought there was something wrong with the bike and stopped others from riding it, but then the wind went down and it was "normal" again.

8) somewhat cheap feeling plastic covers on trunks, side bags, storage spaces on the tank area. Same for the big dash. Same for a lot of the trim.

9) Heat from the engine. On the first day it was about 20C (72F). The heat coming off the engine was surprisingly hot. The tunnel effect of the front end scoops in tons of air, passes it by the cylinders then onto your legs.

10) seat comfort - (I am 6 ft 1/2 inch tall) while the seat itself feels comfortable, I found that it tilted forward slightly and that I had to reach a bit for the bars, which meant my back was about an inch in front of the vertical back support area of the seat. With longer bars it may be all right. I have 1 1/2 risers on my RSV and the stock seat is about the best I have ever known.

11) weak passenger handholds? I am not sure if this applies to all of the handles, but one of the cast aluminum passenger handholds broke off when the dealer was attempting to demonstrate the "no tip over" feature. Apparently you can't use those to pull the bike up.... SO... what do you use????? Again, I just feel that the materials do not feel strong.

Overall, the Vision was a very fun ride and I might even buy one some day. I would first like to see how successful they are for a few more years. I would also prefer a four cylinder. Today I rode my RSV on a 450 km ride and I still feel it is an excellent bike, with all the comfortable features I want. It will just purr at 130 kms all day long, in comfort. I also don't think I want to give up the storage space and the solid, robust, strong, reliable feeling of the RSV. So for now, at least I am happy to have my RSV. I feel the RSV (and Yamaha in general) uses superior materials and has better workmanship. Eventually the Vision may be there as well though. I have not been so happy with my Yamaha dealers recently, and Yamaha Canada's support so have been "looking around". For now I am going to wait and see if there is a new RSV with a VMAX 4 in it!

CHeers, Spaceman

### Per the Polaris website..###

Have any of you folks ever sat down and watch "The Lion King" with your kids?? There is part in that show where the three jackals are goofing around saying "Mofasa",,,, one says Mofasa and the other ones go "ohhhhhh" and says "say it again" and the one says it again about 3 times all going "ohhhhhhhh" and get chills each time its said - remember that???

Well,, picture ol 'Puc doing exactly that "ohhhhhhh" and getting those chills everytime he reads the Polaris name associated with a motorcycle.... To many bad experiences with their sleds and quads at the shop I guess....

'Puc

Spaceman, your observations are pretty much what I found. however, I did drop the money and traded my 2006 RSMV on a Cherry Premium Tour three weeks ago. It was not an easy decision because I really liked the Venture. I love the looks of the Vision and after a couple test drives felt that it was so much easier to handle, especially at slow speeds.

I am 5'8" and weigh in at a whopping 145 lbs. The low seat height and the lower centre of gravity made driving the Vision a dream. One feature I like is the heated seats and grips. I have used these a couple mornings here and it sure makes the ride a little more comfortable. I added the CB and communications as well as reverse. On the RSMV I got caught a couple times having to pull that beast backwards against a slight incline. Yowser, it felt heavy.

The heat may become an issue. There are two small wings under the mirros in the outer fairing that can be opened or closed. When closed, more air is directed to the legs. This helps. However, we have not had the high summer temps yet. (Well, high for where I live).

The seat is comfortable, but I have not been on a long ride yet to determine how it compares to the Venture. So far, I would put it on par with the RSV. A long ride will determine if it compares to the RSV.

Overall, I am happy with the bike.

Hi Rockworm:

Glad you like your Vision. I would still consider one when the time comes. There were a lot of things that I liked about it. It does come with some features that the RSV doesn't have like the heated seat and grips but is missing some things I do have now. I see that you have upgraded yours with some of those items. I am hoping Yamaha will come out with a new Venture soon so I am going to hold off for a while.

Have fun!