IGNORED

Need a Carb Adjust and or Rejet

Guest tazman547

Guest tazman547

I just put a nice set of Samson Shogun turn out slip on mufflers on my bike and I need help getting the carbs adjusted.

The dealer says they can't do it because it has after market exhaust on it and the new California EPA law does not allow them to adjust or re-jet my bike.

Anyone have a Tech Session going on in Southern California near San Bernardino?

Guest tazman547

I heard that too.

Yet, my bike pops on decel and doesn't seem to rev all the way up. I think I lost some top end as well.

Thanks for the reply,

Tony

What problems are you having?

I've heard that slipons do not require rejetting.

Cheers,

Leonard

My bike has the stock Road King mufflers on it and used to pop occasionally on decelerating as well.

What I did was to change out the pilot jets for the next size up and also change the main jets up one size. You only need to buy two main jets and a set of larger pilot jets as two of the mains can be moved to another carb. I don't recall off hand which sizes needed to be bought but this topic has been discussed here before. Anyhow I no longer have that popping , have slightly better throttle response on low and mid range accelerating and fuel economy hasn't changed much if any. I consistently get 42-44 mpg cruising 55-60 mph and between 38-40 on the super slabs at 70-75 mph. When doing this you should also readjust the fuel mix screws and then a carb synchronize.

You'll be pleasantly supprised with the results here after doing this

Larry

I heard that too.

Yet, my bike pops on decel and doesn't seem to rev all the way up. I think I lost some top end as well.

Thanks for the reply,

Tony

Have you modified the air intake? put in K&N filters?

Cheers,

Leonard

Guest tazman547

Hi,

Haven't modified a thing, just slipped the mufflers on.

I don't have the tools to do much on a bike. I can do things that only require some wrenching, but I don't own tools to sync the carbs, nor do I have the know how.

I just pick the bike up from the dealer because of brake grinding noise with only 1500 on the bike. I also had a whine at free-way speeds. All they found was dust build up on the brakes and noted that the bike was running lean and needed rejeting. But they can't do it because of the new California EPA laws as of January.

Anyhow, I found a shop that will do a re-jet adjust and sync on the bike and they will pick it up from my work and drop it back off when done. The shop's part owner is a cousin of a co-worker.

I'm going to pay the 255 and have them pick it up rejet adjust and sync the bike. Realy like the sound, many have commented on how it sounds like a hot chevy.

Thanks all,

Tony

Have you modified the air intake? put in K&N filters?

Cheers,

Leonard