IGNORED

New Floorboard Backing Plates with wrong holes?

I just bought a set of Billet Passenger Floorboard Backing Plates (STR-4NK27-03-01) from YamahaSportsPlaza. I received them but before opening them I noticed the mounting holes don't match up between the new & stock pieces.

According to the vendor, these are the right parts for my 06RSV. I must be missing something cuz I can't see how they'd work without drilling a hole in it, which I'm not gonna do.

The attached photo shows the two side by side. Notice how the mounting holes don't match up.

Anyone have these? Is this the right replacement part?

I could've sworn I ruled out there being another mounting hole, but I'll have to recheck it again tonight cuz what Freebird shows is exactly what mine looks like, and his is mounted. I'll check it out again. Thanks...JR

If I rememember right,once you take the old ones off,the the screw for the new ones goes through a different hole and are held on by a nut on the backside.They are a litle aggravating to get the nut on the backside and hold to tighten.I think I wound up taking

my saddlebags off to get enough room to get my big hands back there to tighten up.