IGNORED

'splain this monkey thing...

Owen

OK, I gotta ask! I have seen all sorts of odd things on the back of bikes. No, I'm not talking about the passengers, I'm talking about the stuffed monkeys, pigs, dogs, even a skull in a basket! Fill me in on these riding buddies. Que paso?

:confused24:

I think a lot of it started with the hospital rides by BACA, Shriners and other groups that were taking toys to sick or abused children, and a lot of them strapped the stuffed animals on the bikes. Most of our LEO's carry stuffy's in the vehicles because it helps calm down frightened children. My little Boxer/bulldog was given to my wife by my son while I was in Afghanistan, She put in on the back and he has stayed there. I usually get complimented on the bike, followed immediately by asking about "Wuffy" (his motorcycle jacket says "I wuff you")

[ATTACH]:nanner:[/ATTACH]

That's just it, they are riding buddies, pets, whatever! Usually they have some sort of significance as to when and where they weere bought, like a souviner from a road trip. We have a pig that sings Johnny Cash "I've been everywhere" that's already been a lot of places with us.

Some folks, even rig up a Rear Box of sorts, and have a Small Dog with them.

Back in about 1969, I saw a Honda 90 ( not a typo) with a Box on back and there was a German Shepard rideing in the Box, and His Tail was dragging. ( REALLY )

speaking of stange things on the back of your bike, I zip tied my old camcorder to the luggage rack and took a ride along the river road in Groene Tx. I had a blast and am trying to record it on a dvd. I will post portions if it comes out good. It was wonderful and the view was great. 4 thousand bikini clad people.......I mean the road trip was great, yea thats what I meant:innocent:

As some of you know, my navigator Jean is in charge of the electronics dept. at our local Target. One evening at work she witnessed a "CREW" of professional shoplifters invading the electronics dept. She called the police, notified security, and when the crew walked out of Target with over $8000.00 of electronics (this crew was from Philly, Pa. over 300 miles away and had been robbing every dept. store in the area blind for weeks) The local police were waiting with 4 squad cars and handcuffs for all. She appeared in court, I.D.ed them all and was given a citation from Target and the local police force. McGruff the "Crime Stopper" dog was there and presented her with the dog that is now on the back of our 87'VR. His name is "Copper" and we get a lot of looks and comments from a lot of people in our travels. The HD riders don't like "ol' Copper" too much, but they almost never get a chance to complain because all they ever see is ...The BACK Of My Bike!

I am very proud of Jean...and of course old Copper too.:clap2:

Earl and Jean

WHAT? are you embarrassed about your mascots?

I have 2 mascots one on the 83 and a different one on the 86 I will try to get Mini to post pics of them in the morning we are resting up from a 500 mile ride today so be patient.(to many food stops)

Jeff

I have Guardian ducks on my dash. Just to remind me to 'duck' when appropriate.

My brother-in-law got them for me after my boo-boo involving my motorbike and a rope between two trees.

I also have a STARS air ambulance pin on the dash as well.:whistling: