IGNORED

Goldie Runs, But...

bongobobny

Finally tried starting around 6 PM and no spark. Did a little troubleshooting and found no ground to the ignition module. Something must have gotten lost in the translation, so I added a ground to he line, and it started, but running very rough. Checked coil wires on right side, and looked OK but in reality they were switched. It would have seemed that the long plug would have gone tlo the short coil line, and vice versa, but Noooooo!! Switched them and it fired right up and ran great!! Wife came home, so I started it for her, and it ran a few seconds and died!! No spark again!

Sooo, to make a long story short, I have 2 spare modules, one for an '83 and one for later models. Well, the one for the newer models ran for a short time, then started missing like crazy. So, tried the one for the '83 and it ran fine for a short time then died. Put the other one back in, still missing. Tried the '83 once more, it started, and is still running. Not real confident in things as of yet. Supposedly mine, being an '84, uses the newer style, but it's "Born On" date is actually 11/83, so I'll have to pull the one in it to see the model code that is in there. I also have a module in the '85 but I'm suspecting that is what's wrong with the '85 in the first place.

Bottom line, we're caging it up to Carl's tomorrow, and I will have to see how things are before I try to make it to MD next weekend. May cage it there but hopefully we are riding here. Just gotta gain some confidence first! That and put all the plastic back on and get an inspection...