IGNORED

Help! Front Speaker Replacement

I'm working on swapping out the stock front speakers in my 07 RSV. Got my Polk DB401's and followed the instructions I found on the site to disassemble the fairing to access the speakers.

Then I hit a wall. I can remove the nuts holding the speaker in place, but the inside side of each speaker is behind a metal structure keeping the speaker from sliding off the bolts (see the yellow trace in the picture).

I thought maybe the speaker mounting bolts might slide out from the back of the fairing if I could get the speaker grill removed. But, after removing the only screw I could see that might hold the grill in place (the red circle in the picture), the grill would not come off.

http://i41.tinypic.com/11rruy1.jpg

Now, given that so much of the fairing assembly is made of less-than-tolerant plastic, I didn't want to "force" anything without getting some guidance. What's my next step? :think: Thanks to all.

-Dave

Edited by CreatureCruiser
Inserted a better quality picture.

• 1 month later...

You are very welcome Dave! :thumbsup2:

Glad It helped. heck I even

forgot how I took them out.

This Is why I stress write-up's

and pictures all the time. It

really helps other's and the

pictures are worth a 1000 words.

Jeff

Dave,

Even if it has been posted before, we wouldn't have purposefully ignored you. At the very least somebody would have posted a link to the article. Sometimes when there are just a lot of posts, one gets overlooked. Sorry about that.