IGNORED

Need help in Pigeon Forge, TN

johnny-canuck

I'm about four hours from there. I have a spare set of rear brake pads in my shed. If there is some way I can help -- carrying them to you or if you want to nurse your bike here (depending on how used-up your pads are), etc. -- let me know. I hope there is a closer solution, but if not, I'm willing to help.

I appreciate the offer. We just did the Dragon and are headed back north to Canada. Hopefully we can find something closer. There is a Harley shop behind the hotel but they don't seem too helpful. The only other place close doesn't open till 10.

I will keep your number though, just in case.

Thanks,

John

swapping the two pads (since they wear unevenly) seems to be a trick I've read some riders do to get a little extra mileage out of their pads. Good luck. I'm about 4 hours away also and have a Yamaha dealer nearby where I'm sure I could buy some pads to bring to you if necessary.

tele seven ought six - two eight bogus four - two four bogus eight four

The nearest dealer to you appears to be 15 miles away:

MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS

3422 ADVENTURE LN

KODAK, TN 37764-1973

Ph: 865-932-7433

RandyR

This may or may not help you.

I leave for work at 10am and I do not get home until 10:30pm

If you send me the name of the motel and address you are staying at, I will over night a "used" set to you.

This means I will mail them out "tomorrow morning" (Thursday morning) which means the brake pads will not get there until Friday morning.

I have a used set of rear pads. One is a little thicker then the other. You always place the thickest pad on the inside since it wears out faster..

Like Randy said above, you may be able to swap the rear inside worn out pad to the outside and the outside pad to the inside, to get you to a parts store...

Maybe if one of the others (who jumped in above) could over night you their set, you could have a set of pads by tomorrow morning.

Try Volunteer Cycles and Trikes in Sevierville. They specialize in trike conversions but are good people and will probably do whatever is needed to get you back on the road. As you leave Pigeon Forge heading back toward Sevierville, they are on the left at 103 South Blvd.

Thanks to all that replied. We did get a set at a dealer not too far from Pigeon Forge and were able to continue on our way.

I don't know how you folks that live around there ever get to work in the morning. The roads are soooo much fun! We pointed north and picked anything that wasn't an interstate. Beautiful roads, not much traffic. I hear the scenery is nice too but we were pushing pretty hard and I didn't get to see much besides ashpalt:thumbsup2:

We got home with all the bikes in one piece although a couple of us need new front tires and the bottom of my floor boards are all scrapped up. Love it!!!

I must apologise to all you Virginians. I reduced your deer population by one. We were coming down off a mountain somewhere in Virginia doing about 70 - 75mph and a deer ran into the side of me. Head butted my leg, flipped in the air, did a sumersault, landed in the ditch, got up and then collapsed. I couldn't see any damage from the seat so kept on going. When we stopped, there wasn't even a hair on the bike. Just some dust rubbed off the saddle bag. The 2 guys behind me were amazed that there was no damage considering how far the deer flew. The bike didn't even waver when hit. A good bike and a guardian angel sure help.:2133:

If I didn't have to work, I'd be back down next week.

John