IGNORED

STARTER relay{solenoid}

Has anyone done a cross-reference on the starter{solenoid} relay------other than going to the Yamaha dealer------I thunk that on my 92 the starter relay has seen better days!------it only clicks--------the battery is fully charged.:usa:

Short across the 2 main post on solenoid to make sure it's not a bad cable. If you are VERY careful, you can take them apart and clean the contacts. Just watch for tiny wire connections. I've done this on several with good results. Look at it this way; If it's broke you can't hurt it any more. Good luck. IF you have room, a solenoid off a old Ford works. :178:

Short across the 2 main post on solenoid to make sure it's not a bad cable. If you are VERY careful, you can take them apart and clean the contacts. Just watch for tiny wire connections. I've done this on several with good results. Look at it this way; If it's broke you can't hurt it any more. Good luck. IF you have room, a solenoid off a old Ford works. :178:

What yr. Ford?-------------car or pick-up!:usa::sun1:

What yr. Ford?-------------car or pick-up!:usa::sun1:

Like GeorgeS states, about any will work. Even lawn mower ones. Just get the smallest posssible. As long as you get the + cable and start wire to it then get back to starter, it will work. Even if you have to move location and add longer cables.

Hey J,

There is one on Ebay right now, the item # 350199185240

It's $10.00 and $5.00 to ship. The 1983-1985 VR solinoid is different, this one is for your MKII1300 VR and looks to be in great shape!

I have done business with these people before, they are good people to deal with.:thumbsup2:

Hope this helps,

Earl

.Pulled both the pos. and neg. cables{both had places that were worn} replaced the neg. and could not get the pos, one off of the starter -------them Japs must have really small hands------was able to wrap the pos. cable> over the yrs both cables had RUBBED against the frame and were causing a short!---------Soooo hopefully the prob. is rectified!!--------THANK you guys fer ya;lls Knowledge and expertise------:usa::usa:MEMORIAL DAY is approaching -------ROLLING THUNDER is headed East to D.C.------Please REMEMBER all of our VETS-------from all wars-----and the ultimate sacrifice THEY made-------carry-on---------