IGNORED

bub exhaust pipes

how many of us 2nd genners have the bub exhaust on our scoots? my bub's were on the bike when i bought it almost 5 years ago. they still look and sound good. but just this week i've noticed the right bub is makeing a rattling/tenny sound when warming the bike up. it goes away after a few minutes. i guess i need to repack them. i though i read some where about how to repacking them.

best reguards

don c.

Can't help with the repacking... BUT, rumor has it that the folks hosting the Pork in the Pines Pig Roast are planning on raffling off a set of Bubs to raise money for the pig roast. If my sources are correct, the tickets will be selling for $5.00 each.

More info to follow shortly.

I have them and have taken them apart. The only thing that could rattle would be your clamps or the pop rivits holding the tips on. as far as repacking there is only about 1" of packing at the rear of the pipe just to keep the heat off the tips. People pack them to quiet them down. :2cents:

Hi Don,

I've repacked mine, before I put the HD fishtail tips on and it's a pretty easy job. I found some bulk packing material on e-bay for cheap and there was enough to redo them at least two or three times.

Gary

I love my Bubs pipes.:173: They sound great... without being obnoxious.:thumbsup:

My only complaint is the tips look like crap. Some day when I find the time ... I will remove the tips and head down to my local Harley Steeler and find some nice new tips.

The chroming on their billet tips does suck. It seems they aren't prepped for the chroming at all. I have a Road Star with a set of Bub's and 1/2 the chrome is off the tips. I saw a set of Bub's on a Venture when I was looking to buy mine and they looked just as bad.

I have a set of Bubs on my '83 Venture.

I dug 'em out of the dumpster behind the H-D shop...(hey, I'm a resourceful guy!!! ;)

They were off of a Road King, with the big megaphones on 'em...and they're LOUDER than crap!!! :happy34:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_b6e076470d9d783044fc0ce00f6e62cd.jpg

I love my Bubs pipes.:173: They sound great... without being obnoxious.:thumbsup:

My only complaint is the tips look like crap. Some day when I find the time ... I will remove the tips and head down to my local Harley Steeler and find some nice new tips.

I took my tips off, sanded the chrome some then painted them with caliper paint.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc340/MARKANDBINA/THE%20BLACK%20BEAST/100_2692.jpg