IGNORED

Clutch Slave Cyl Seals - Need Help Please

Here is my dilemma. When I removed the slave cylinder the rubber item you see illustrated as "C" was installed. As you can tell by the way it is warped and too large to be the proper seal I can onlyl assume it was wrongly installed by the PO. So, I ordered the factory "Push Lever Seal Kit" from mother Yamaha and it finally arrived today. But rather than being a one piece seal, it is two very different seals. Now I am trying to figure out just how this two piece seal kit is suppose to be installed on the slave. The two piece seal is both A and B as shown. "B" appears to fit perfectly as shown in pics 5 - 9, but for the life of me, I simply cannot figure out what to do with seal "A". Does anyone have the knowledge if both seals are suppose to be used or just Item "B"? I have tried to provide goods pics and hope they are suitable. I look forward to any assistance provided. Forgot to mention, this is for a MKII 1st Edition.

Best I can say for this is,, take the cylinder apart and all may be well with you. You do need two seals, one seals the piston inside the bore and the other is a dust seal to keep it all clean and tidy. Hope this helps.

carl

Yes, seal C is the important one!! It goes on the piston and is the main seal. It's a bit of a struggle to get the old one off and the new one on and not damage the new seal. Make sure you put the new one on the same way the old one is, you can put it on backwards. Also, while it is apart, it is a good idea to hone the cylander bore or you may end up with the same problem you are having now.