IGNORED

Headed to SC beach areas tomorrow

Midrsv

We're heading out in the morning for the Charleston-Hilton Head-Savannah area. If you see a Blue/Black RSV or Black HD Ultra towing Unigo's give us a wave. We plan to follow US25 most of the way with a stop in Greenville, SC tomorrow night. Hope to stay dry but I doubt it.

Dennis

Edited by Midrsv

Walk that street, do not even attempt to take your bike on that street,

rougher than railroad tracks and stone/cobblestone with big potholes.

But a nice stroll.

Thanks for advice, I'll remember that.

DT

Yeah, Those are actually ballast stones from the old wooden sailing ships that frequented the docks there, when cotton was king and all those buildings were still warehouses. Be sure to go over a few blocks to Paula Deen's restaurant if you can get in.

They used to have a really neat mini bus tour of the historical district. I was put on by the historical society...

The wife & I stayed there for a long weekend one time just to get away for awhile.

I agree about not taking the bike down on the cobblestones. When my daughter had her wedding there we took a bike tour. They have these 3 wheel bike taxis which are pedaled by college kids. You can tour the historical district in one at a much slower pace. Have fun and be safe

Craig

When you get to Greenville, give me a holler if you want. Not sure what we've got on the schedule right now, but maybe we could meet up for dinner. (864)444-5880

Sorry I just saw your reply. We are in Greenville now after a nice ride down US 25. We had a few sprinkles in southern KY but it cleared of nicely the further south we came. I managed to meet up with an uncle that I rarely get to visit and we had dinner. On to Fripp Island tomorrow.

Dennis

Sorry I just saw your reply. We are in Greenville now after a nice ride down US 25. We had a few sprinkles in southern KY but it cleared of nicely the further south we came. I managed to meet up with an uncle that I rarely get to visit and we had dinner. On to Fripp Island tomorrow.

Dennis

What highway you coming down, sheezzz, going past Columbia and not even stopping to say Hello :whistling:

I wouldn't stop at Columbia neither. :rotf:

What highway you coming down, sheezzz, going past Columbia and not even stopping to say Hello :whistling:

I wouldn't stop at Columbia neither. :rotf:

Sorry, I would love to stop but we are going down US25 to near Augusta and then we'll pick up 78 to 64 to 21 on to Fripp.

Dennis