I have a pair of chrome covers that go over the clutch and front brake master cylinders for my '89. What I dont have is a set if socket head bolts to hold them down with, I do know that the thread size is an M10-1.25 about a half inch should be long enough. I can find the M10 socket bolts, but not in the fine thread. And If I look on the internet, Fastenel carries the one for the left side (clutch), but the one on the right is a left hand thread. (just like the mirror would be.) Anybody got a pair of bolts that would fit or know of a hardware store that carries such a thing? Lowes, Home depot, ace and true value are no gos in this area.

I took a 10 by 1.25 permathread kit and made the hole into RH threads. Took me about 10 minutes on my 1986. To install the chrome covers you need socket head or buttonhead bolts. I picked up som chrome ones and a set of those caps that fit the allen sockets. Worked out great. Just takes a steady hand and a bit of planning.

JB

Hey 6pac,

My fix wasn't nearly as fancy as Lonestar's, I took JB Weld, filled in the hole, drilled and tapped it for a right hand threaded cap screw and call it a day! Sure did work go though. If you find a really nice set of cap screws or "button head" screws you could use the JB Weld on both sides, and tap them to an American Standard size like 3/8-16.:080402gudl_prv:

Earl