IGNORED

Fork brace group buy....

After testing the waters, it looks like another 'Condor' fork brace group buy is in order. I checked with my supplier and we can get the same price as last year's at $50.00 bucks. So it'll be $60.00 total to your front door for those in the US, and $70.00 total for our VentureRider brothers north of the boarder in Canada due to the extra shipping costs. The flat rate shipping cost also covers the paypal fees. The braces will all be shipped via USPS Priority.

Pic of the brace is attached.

The Group buy has been closed off for some time now, but there's hope. Extra braces are still available and an ad has been posted in the Classifieds under 1stGen Parts. All payment info is also there. Thanks

Edited by Condor

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

Payment sent today,

Please put me down for 1 brace.

Thank you

After testing the waters, it looks like another 'Condor' fork brace group buy is in order. I checked with my supplier and we can get the same price as last year's at $50.00 bucks. So it'll be $60.00 total to your front door for those in the US, and $70.00 total for our VentureRider brothers north of the boarder in Canada due to the extra shipping costs. The flat rate shipping cost also covers the paypal fees. The braces will all be shipped via USPS Priority.

Here's the deal. I'd like to get as many prepaid orders as possible before cutting things off on May 30th. So for those who'd like to get in on the group buy price I ask that payments be made via www.paypal.com to our account email address paypal@cast-aways.com When making a payment please indicate your board 'name' in the paypal comment box. The last time around I had a heck of a time finding a couple of members because I had no idea who they were from the paypal notice info. So it helps a bunch... Thanks in advance.. :)

Pic of the brace is attached.

Brace List.

1. RedRocket PD.

2. Ndiaz PD

3. Safetyguy PD

4. Bongobob

5. Fielddoc PD

6. Dthmoso1 PD

• 2 weeks later...

After refreshing my front end with some Progressive springs, new steering head bearings, and removal of the rubber washer the front end is better than it was, but it seems like I can still feel the weight of that giant wheel and tire wiggling away down on the end of the forks.

I'm waiting impatiently to see if the fork brace will make the front end feel acceptable to me.

After refreshing my front end with some Progressive springs, new steering head bearings, and removal of the rubber washer the front end is better than it was, but it seems like I can still feel the weight of that giant wheel and tire wiggling away down on the end of the forks.

I'm waiting impatiently to see if the fork brace will make the front end feel acceptable to me.

Take a deep breath... now exhale slowly... The group buy has ended as of last night. I've shot an email off to the builder, and should be getting enough braces to cover everyone's order. It shouldn't take very long and expect to ship within 10 to 14 days barring any 'murphs'. :thumbsup2:

I phased out this weekend with a back injury and never sent you my cash. Did you order an extra and I can paypal you right away? I hate it when life get's in the way of everything else.

Take a deep breath... now exhale slowly... The group buy has ended as of last night. I've shot an email off to the builder, and should be getting enough braces to cover everyone's order. It shouldn't take very long and expect to ship within 10 to 14 days barring any 'murphs'. :thumbsup2:

I phased out this weekend with a back injury and never sent you my cash. Did you order an extra and I can paypal you right away? I hate it when life get's in the way of everything else.

Go ahead and shoot me the paypal Tim. Gotcha covered. :)

The fork braces arrived this morning... Saturday, and I'll be working on the shipping Sunday and Monday. So, most everyone in the US should be getting their brace by the end of the week. To keep the price down to last years I committed to more than were ordered. So if anyone has been sitting on the fence about picking one up, shoot me a PM, and we'll get you taken care of. I'll also be posting an ad in the classifieds shortly. ManyThanks. :thumbsup2:

Question: I just got it. Looks AWESOME!

but I could not just tap it in place by hand. Even after loosening the pinhc bolts I had to tap it in place with a hammer and a rag. Lightly, not pounding like a maniac. Is this bad or is it OK?

There is no way I can get it in by hand or separate the forks so it does without a pry bar.

Question: I just got it. Looks AWESOME!

but I could not just tap it in place by hand. Even after loosening the pinhc bolts I had to tap it in place with a hammer and a rag. Lightly, not pounding like a maniac. Is this bad or is it OK?

There is no way I can get it in by hand or separate the forks so it does without a pry bar.

Yours will be fine. They should fit snug. For anyone in the future the upper tube pinch bolts may need to be loosened as well. When I mounted the brace on my '91 it kinda schloooped right on, but the '83 was tight. Each bike seems to be a little different in tollerance.

Here's a write up that Squeeze submitted the last go around that pretty much explains it.

If the Brace wouldn't fall in Place. It's absolutly necessary to do the complete Procedure. Which means loosen Axle, and Pinch Bolts on the upper and lower Tripple Tree. Then Install the Brace with loose Bolts, tighten down the Axle first, then the Bolts on the Brace, the lower Tripple Tree and then the Pinch Bolts on the upper Tripple Tree. If you want to go the extra Mile, let the upper Pinch Bolts loose and manoveur the Bike with the front Wheel against a Wall or use a Stopper on the Ground and push the front Suspension down as far as you can. Repeat that 3 or 4 Time, then tighten down the upper Pinch Bolts. Do not use the Brake to stop the front Wheel while compressing the Fork, that would cause false Bindings during the Procedure.

New guy here, still learning. This fork brace, is it only for 1st generation bikes? I have a (new to me) 2004 RSV. Do I need it? Will it work on a 2004. Thanks

Hi Art, The fork is for the 1stGen bikes only. Welcome to the board....

Feel free to send me mine any time!:thumbsup2:

Rick, I sent you an email asking for your mailing address using the email address in the paypal notice. There wasn't a shipping in the paypal notice, and I didn't realize it until after I started printing up the labels. Never got a response, and then I just plain forgot to follow up. Guess I should have PM'd you?? PM me your shipping address, and I get it right out. Most of the others have already received theirs. Only takes 3 days for the US. Sorry about the oversight. -Jack