IGNORED

84 Venture PCV Valve Location?? HELP PLZ

Hey everyone,

I am a first time Venture owner... and just about have this new bike I bought up and running... but I have a simple question...

I cannot find where the PCV valve [at least that is what I think it is] hose plugs into... It is the smaller hose that connects to the base of the air box and runs down the front of the engine near the frame rail. A little more than half way down it has what I believe is the PCV valve, and then there is about 12 more inches of tubing.

I cannot find where to plug the other end of this end though.... Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for ANY help you can offer - I'm kinda excited to get this thing on the road.

Oh, and it's an 84 if that helps...

The line you are talking about connects to the air box on the front left corner. It is a drain line from the air box and only runs down the side of the frame to below the bike. It does not connect to anything.......as it was designed.

Now there was a mod done later on where you tie that line into the crankcase breather line that runs from the top of the engine to the middle of the air box.

You will need to cut the breather line and use a tee to connect the drain line to the breather line. I have a diagram somewhere of the tech bulletin and I'll post it when I find it.

The bike will run fine as is and there is no reason the make the change that affects the bike except you will eliminate the possibility of a couple of drops of oil under the bike if you over fill the oil and suck some into the air box.

If you would order a new breather line you get a little short curved piece of line for the top section. They no longer sell the entire breather line.

Oh....and by the way......Welcome to the site. Almost didn't notice that. Bunch of good folks here and no end to useful info on these bikes. Been here a couple of years myself and not planning on leaving. Everything you can ask about these bikes will be answered here.

So......where's the pics of the bike. That's a rule here. That and we ride to eat.

Got an '84 blonde myself. You're gonna fall in love with yours if not already. Great bike.

Just don't ask about tires...ok. Really.......:witch_brew:

thanks for the quick reply! I will definitely post some pics as soon as I get the bike put back together (first time I have disassembled one). One more quick question though:

There are 4 vacume lines that run underneath the tank from the carb pack... Are those just for venting pressure? Mine are not connected to anything so I am assuming they are fine as they are...?

Thanks again! This website has been a huge help this far. :hurts:

There are 4 vacume lines that run underneath the tank from the carb pack... Are those just for venting pressure? Mine are not connected to anything so I am assuming they are fine as they are...?

Thanks again! This website has been a huge help this far. :hurts:

If you have a sticking float in a carb, the line to that carb will dump the excess fuel on the ground & it wont spill onto the engine........

Welcome to your new home, at least you have one of the best bikes on this site. We call the 83-85's MK1's (Mark 1) and the 86-93 MK2's both which are considered 1st gens. Those other bikes that some of these guys are riding we refer to as 2nd gens. They are slower, show their age faster, and are good bikes for the more "Gentile" riders on here!

How many miles are on your bike? Do you know if the thrust washer and clips (2nd gear fix) have been replaced yet? There are several mods you can do to make your ride better, all listed under the tech section.

Be sure, if you haven't already done it, to download the service manual also in the tech section. That way you can have ready access to a wealth (almost 1/2 of it correct!) of info right at your finger tips.

Dan

Be sure you have HIGH Quality Metric Tools !!!

Clean ALL Electrical Plugs with CRC 2-26 !!

Clean and lubricate ALL Bolt threads !!! That gets you going !!!!

And replace that piece of junk Fuse Block sitting on top of the Battery ----