Does anyone have or can they take a better pic of the idle adjust screw on the first gen so I can adjust my idle before i sync my carbs. the tech library has a very fuzzy close up pic of it but I cant realy tell where its located any help is much appreciated as I realy need to get my my mpg and hop up to where its supposed to be. as it turns out when i was trying adjust my idle before my budy got the idle up by turning up all the sync screws so my bike is running all kinds of wierd

The idle screw is located under the cross bracket that holds the 2 small rubber hoses on the left side of the carbs. It is mounted vertically (pointing up), as oppposed to the sync screw (horizontal), which you can see from the side above the bracket. It's edges are knurled, which you can see by looking under the bracket. (I too thought that the idle screw was the sync screw at first, too). Turn towards the front of the bike to lower idle (out), or to the back of the bike (in) to raise idle. Hope this helps.:080402gudl_prv::fingers crossed:

Dan

If you have the left side cover off, it is directly below the carbs. If you look into the valley of the motor from the left side, you will see the carbs. Look under the gold bracket that runs from the front carb to the rear carb. It has 2 small (1/8") rubber hoses coming through it. Directly under this bracket (it also has a warning label on it that says "Caution: read service manual first.....), if you look between the 2 small hoses, you will see the head of an approximately 1/2" diameter scew head that looks like it has bumbs on it. This is the "knurled" idle adjust screw. You will turn it towards the front of the bike to lower rpm's. Sorry, wife's got the camera or I would send pics.:080402gudl_prv:

Hopefully this helps, if not I will be back in about 20 minutes or call me on my cell at 317-370-0139

Dan

This is a view of the BOTTOM of the carbs with the left bank carbs on the left. Follow the pictured, black fuel drain hose on the lower left... just about the middle of this hose is the round, knurled knob you want. Directly above it is the spring loaded screw for balancing the sync between carbs #1 and #2.

http://bergall.org/temp/venture/carb3.jpg

Cool thats just about perfect, is it common to adjust the idle after its been sitting? after running continuing to use seafoam every other tank it should clean the carbs out a bit more would i have to adjust the idle back down. as my idle is a bit high now but was around 1000 rpms when i first got it on the road now its around 1200-1400 rpms. i guess the question is have any of you had adjust your idle on say a seasonal baisis?