IGNORED

My Greatest "Gift" From the PA Meet and Eat!

skydoc_17

While on my way to the Dunlap Restaurant last Saturday to the PA M&E I stopped to refuel and little did I know as I drove away from the gas station my check book had fallen out of my back pocket. Well believe you me I found out when I arrived home because Jean was standing on the front porch with our home phone in her hand. As I took the receiver from her a womans voice said to me, "Is this Earl Harrell" I said "Yes" and she said, "I found your check book in the road in front of the gas station here in Chambersburg, Pa. But don't worry, I'll mail it to you." I thanked her very much and went into the house. A short time later, I got another call from another lady and she said "Is this Earl Harrell", I said "Yes" and she said I found a single check laying across the street from the gas station in Chambersburg, Pa. But don't worry, I'll mail it to you." I thanked her very much as well and rushed to the computer to see if any money had been taken from my account. All was well and I went to the bank first thing Monday morning. I put a temporary hold on all of the checks in the checkbook but am happy to say that today in the mail, arrived my checkbook minus one check and in another letter, the missing check was there. I have never seen two acts of "random kindness" happen at the same time and from two different people be directed at me. My top priority today was to pick out "Thank You" cards and place money in them for the time and postage of these two wonderful people, that I will probably never meet, but reminded me that "no matter how bad times are, you can always take a moment to help someone" I know things have been tough for many of the members of this site, I myself have been Laid Off since Christmas, and I just wanted to share this glimmer of hope with everyone here, as these two strangers have shared their hope with me.

Earl and Jean