IGNORED

iPod vs. the RSV 13-pin c-bus

Alright. Who knows some electronics gurus up for the challenge? Anyone know a 12-year old electronics genius? Or a ham radio operator that loves tinkering. How do I get the two of these to work together?

http://pinouts.ru/Devices/ipod_pinout.shtml or http://www.ipodlinux.org/Dock_Connector

To work with Clarion 13-pin C-bus http://www.ultrajosh.com/images/Clarion_C-Bus.gif

Any ideas? The goal is to have the dock/recharge for the iPod work with the installed system.

Where would you plug it in though? There is a connector inside the fairing that a CD changer would plug into but it's a different type connector. That one looks like a small din type connector to plug into a control head that is made to utilize it.

That Ipod interface is for the CeNET Bus. I am sure no expert but I think that is the later type bus. The Yamaha system uses the C-Bus. I think they are completely different animals but I hope someone can prove me wrong. This sure looks like a nice interface.

I have looked at this a bit before. I understand a little on serial data communication buses but I was never able to find the format information on the C-Bus.

Jerry

That looks like it would do it. Do you have one? Looking at the web site I wonder if the just the cable with the cbus/ipod plugs would work. The interface box had some square shaped plugs I'm not familiar with.

The square is the ceNet. Two different critters.

Where would you plug it in though? There is a connector inside the fairing that a CD changer would plug into but it's a different type connector. That one looks like a small din type connector to plug into a control head that is made to utilize it.

Where's the connection for the CD changer exactly?

whoops!

my bad...

how about this? apparently Subaru uses a Clarion head unit with a c-bus connector.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521811

I'd found that and hoped it would lead me to the promised land. However, it requires you to have the CD player and have it playing a blank disk. Not what we're looking for.

Guest steyr1488
That looks like it would do it. Do you have one? Looking at the web site I wonder if the just the cable with the cbus/ipod plugs would work. The interface box had some square shaped plugs I'm not familiar with.

I don't have one of these. I just happened to find it after I read the question. I don't know the slightest thing about c-buses or serial transmissions, however, I know a little about short buses and capt'n crunch cereal. Has anyone figured out how to hook up a satellite radio receiver so that you can change the stations with the Yamaha radio controls on the handlebars?

While sombody has their fairing appart, can they please post a photo of the stereo name plate?

We need the make and model. I ASSUME they are made by Clairon (Why would Yamaha Motor Company NOT use stero components made by Yamaha Electronics Corporation is beyond me....)

Somebody needs to contat Clarion and get the C-bus standard.

I left a voice mail at their customer service number... Maybe if 300 of us asked for an adapter, they would manufacture one....... OR a replacement stereo with more functionality.....

Clarion Corporation of America

6200 Gateway Drive Cypress, California 90630

Customer Service: 800-347-8667

New & Existing Dealers: 310-327-9100

Phone: 310-327-9100 (MAIN)

Fax: 310-327-1999

Mine are on the right side, sitting on the bike. There are five round connectors maybe 3/4" diameter. 4 will have something plugged into them, there is one that will just have a cap on it. Here is a picture for you.

I saw those but didn't see the blank one. I'll have to look again. It's at the shop to help them match my paint which after two weeks isn't done. :beersign: