IGNORED

Links for JC Whitney "stuff" for the RSV?

Guest Skipster

Guest Skipster

Hi, before the crash there were a couple of links to items for the RSV being sold by JCWhitney. One was a link to the ad for a half-cover that fit, and the other was a link by DenDen to a shorter windshield for the RSV. The shield had a price around $82 to $85, and the cover was $39.95. I have kinda scoured the JCWhitney site and can't find either one.

Can anyone help? I need to order both,,,

Thanks folks!

Skip

Just FYI - that is the correct link for the ShowChrome windshield for the RSV, but the information about the height is not correct. I says the shield is 2" shorter than stock - not so. The web site has had this incorrect information for several years now. The printed catalogs correctly state that this shield is 4" shorter than stock.

You can compare this to Yamaha's short windshield that is 5" shorter than stock. I have personally measured both of these shields and know this information to be correct. Good luck,

Goose

Guest Skipster

Thanks Goose, for everything! I'm working on my "wish list" of goodies for my bike right now. If you are around this evening, would it be ok if I call to double check a few things?

Oh, and this is weird...after we got everything working yesterday, on the way home the left turn signal wouldn't work at all! We were working on the right one...how weird is THAT??

Thanks again, Goose...YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

Skipster

That is strange that your left signal stopped, but if you remember, it stopped one time while we were working on the right one too. I never actually unplugged the bullet connectors for the left signal, just moved them in and out a bit to try to re-seat them. I guess we need to completely disconnect that modulator and dab a bit of dielectric grease on each plug. Hopefully it is just the connectors instead of the modulator going bad. One way or the other we'll get it sorted out!

Goose