IGNORED

Radiator Cover's Which One?

Long Tall

Trying to decide which of these "Safety Chrome" items to get....been looking for a while...

Ebay product is Polished Aluminum..... about $155.00 to Virginia...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-YAMAHA-XVZ13-ROYAL-STAR-VENTURE-RADIATOR-GRILLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1494Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem270370394405QQitemZ270370394405QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The other is by "Custom World International"...Cruiser Customizing has it for $120.00 to Virginia...Chromed Steel....Phat Performance has them for about $145.00 plus delivery....

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=42&Category_ID=7&manufacturer_ID=6&product_ID=22764

Anyone here have either of these and could you comment about Polished Aluminum versus..Chromed Steel.....No Rust on Aluminum....Right>>>>>

Thanks in advance

George In Virginia

I was just getting ready to mention that myself. SteveW is a member here and makes a really nice grill for the RSV.

http://www.wagnercustomproducts.com/

Check it out.

Mike

Yes I looked at SteveW's grill also...not the look I'm after..But thanks for the reminder...I have a couple of Buds in the NC area and one here in Lynchburg that ride Ventures RSTD's and they have the chomed ones...I really like that look...Just not sure about Polished Aluminum or the Chromed Steel....Thanks for the input about Steve's product though....

George In Virginia...

With that said I'd throw my vote for the polished aluminum. Don't get me wrong....I'm addicted to chrome as much as the next guy. But my thought is that the grill is in a highly exposed area to road grit and gravel. Even with a front mud flap there is going to be some unavoidable damage. Me, I'd rather pull off an aluminum one and repolish it than watch the chrome being blasted off.

I have the one off ebay. They have two designs. One says Venture and Royal Star the other just says Royal Star. 1) It is not polished aluminum, it is polished stainless steel. Mine has a beautiful shine. 2) I don't really believe they are clearance items. I think they say that so that they can say no refunds, just my :2cents: there it's just they have been selling them on ebay for the same price for a long, long time. 3) they are flat, they have no sides but they do have 3 bent flanges for mounting. 4) they have no screen to stop rocks but do provide a little protection but if you are buying it to protect your radiator then don't by the Wagner. If you are buying it for the looks then yes I would consider it. It is laser cut polished stainless steel and very flemsey but does get stable when mounted.

The other one which is probably cold roled steel stamped out and chrome plated I have no knowledge of. If it has flanges all the way around it it would be more sturdy but then again the steel would not be as strong as the stainless and if the chrome started to flake oe it got scratched then somewhere down the line it would start rusting. Also is it triple chrome plated or just one coat of chrome. Makes a difference. It is the lease expensive so that is a plus and you can return it if you don't like it when it arrives.

If I had it to do over again I would have bought the Wagner. When I purchased mine the Wagner only came in black and primer and maybe white. Now he has a color to match my bike. I like mine but I like the wagner better where your just the opposite you like the shiny ones better. Hope this helped.

Harry:thumbsup2:

I have the one off ebay. They have two designs. One says Venture and Royal Star the other just says Royal Star. 1) It is not polished aluminum, it is polished stainless steel. Mine has a beautiful shine. 2) I don't really believe they are clearance items. I think they say that so that they can say no refunds, just my :2cents: there it's just they have been selling them on ebay for the same price for a long, long time. 3) they are flat, they have no sides but they do have 3 bent flanges for mounting. 4) they have no screen to stop rocks but do provide a little protection but if you are buying it to protect your radiator then don't by the Wagner. If you are buying it for the looks then yes I would consider it. It is laser cut polished stainless steel and very flemsey but does get stable when mounted.

The other one which is probably cold roled steel stamped out and chrome plated I have no knowledge of. If it has flanges all the way around it it would be more sturdy but then again the steel would not be as strong as the stainless and if the chrome started to flake oe it got scratched then somewhere down the line it would start rusting. Also is it triple chrome plated or just one coat of chrome. Makes a difference. It is the lease expensive so that is a plus and you can return it if you don't like it when it arrives.

If I had it to do over again I would have bought the Wagner. When I purchased mine the Wagner only came in black and primer and maybe white. Now he has a color to match my bike. I like mine but I like the wagner better where your just the opposite you like the shiny ones better. Hope this helped.

Harry:thumbsup2:

Harry: Very well said...Thanks you for your input...VERY HELPFUL:clap2:

I did not know the EBAY one was Stainless....I Know he has been selling for a long time....BUT....I considered the price of the Chrome Product and thought "maybe one layer"....Thanks a Bunch...And thanks for all of the other replies....Now if it would just get above 45 here I'd go riding...

George in Virginia...