IGNORED

exhaust collector box trouble

Hi all, I FINALLY took the leap and decided to try to change the thermostat on my 84 xvz12 and had to remove the right hand exhaust . when I did that I discovered the reason for my loud exhaust, my collector box was screwed and there is no way to fix it , it is pretty much burnt up. the good news is that both mufflers and all 4 header pipes are in good condition.

Does anyone know where I can get a good used collector box, or even if I can get a new one.

HELP!!!!!!! my ride is parked till I get this fixed

Thanks

Gord

Yamaha still has the collectors but they're quite expensive. If you can't find a used one, there's also a custom one available.

http://markspipe.com/

Here's what they quoted me...

We do make a collector assy. for your Venture.

stainless steel is $301.49 and ceramic coated steel ( silver or black ) is $ 241.65

Shipping will be about $ 20.00 to Vancouver and it will take about 4 weeks to get it done as we do not have any in stock right now.

Mark 760-948-1346

here's a few pictures of the custom collector that Mark McDade makes...the one SilvrT posted about. I have one on my '83 (ceramic coated steel). A bit louder than stock, not bad. More low end torque, more power in upper revs. Best if you re-jet the carbs one size larger main jets.

ExCollectorCloseBW.jpg