IGNORED

cruise not staying engaged

hammerdown90

I have also heard that this can become a problem, when people add leather frilled lever covers. The frills can cause enough drag to engage the brake enough to deactivate the cruise. Just throwing that out therre.

I was wondering If anyone knows how to get the electronic cruise on a 86 venture to stop kicking off when ever I hit a bump? It seems like the clutch lever has a little play and if not held all the way out while riding it kicks it off???:think:

If your clutch lever has freeplay....remove plastic guard and the pivot bolt....you'll see a round brass bushing sitting in the lever that activates the master cylinder pushrod. If the bushing isn't greased, it wears out, causing lever freeplay. New bushing about $5 from Yamaha.

If your clutch lever has freeplay....remove plastic guard and the pivot bolt....you'll see a round brass bushing sitting in the lever that activates the master cylinder pushrod. If the bushing isn't greased, it wears out, causing lever freeplay. New bushing about $5 from Yamaha.

On mine the pivot hole was worn out. That keeps the lever from pushing the switch too.