IGNORED

Landing Gear?

craigatcsi

Have any of you seen these?

http://landingear.com/

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOhP1HTZQwY]YouTube - Honda Gold Wing[/ame]

They show them for wings & HDs but I wonder if they can be made for the Venture.

I am going to have to do something one day, as my hips are getting worse and the Venture is alot to hold up - especially riding 2 up.

I looked at Trikes this morning at a local trike shop. All they had were Wings & HDs. They said one of the kits do fit a Star Tour Deluxe but nothing for the Venture. I thought about ordering one someplace else and paying this shop to install it. But I am still looking at a lot of money!

With this Landing Gear thing, I would still get to keep the leaning in the corners. I Just hate to give that up if I don't have to.

What do ya think?

Craigr

Edited by craigatcsi
Forgot Links

There was a fellow I saw around here a few years ago that had something like that on a GW, except as I remember it had pneumatic tires a little larger than these. I never did get close enough to see exactly how his worked. Someone told me this guy was either paralyzed or had limited strength in his legs. It looked like to me it worked rather nicely.

after my bike accident i looked into these systems also. i am still having trouble if i have to put my left leg down especially in stop and go traffic, which i avoid now.

i talked to a guy to has one of these on his Wing and he loves it. when coming to a stop he told me you have to make sure the road or parking lot are level, because once the landing gear automatically comes down, it will tip you over if you are stopping on a camber. he told me he has gone over a few times in parking lots when he first had it installed. he now knows to read the stopping spot.

he also had a switch installed to bypass the system, but he said that the system works great once you get used to it.

cheers, Scott

i ain't ever going to wear diapers again. thats a promise. :no-no-no:

Ever hear of Depends??? Just wait til you're really old, you will eat those words...

P.S. No, I'm not using them... yet! I for one am planning on triking Goldie in a couple of years due to toe loss and deteriorating health. Wife and I are looking forward to being professional biker bums once I retire!

As far as the trike kit goes, for the money I could get an old jeep and take the doors and top off. I really wonder if it would be much different.

The trike shop said to come back when it is better weather and they would let me test drive one.

craigr